Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

BAD KARMA

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  masstoazcop 
Sunny Arizona

A home own in Phoenix, Arizona saw an unknown male running away from his open garage with his drill. Home owner and his son get into their vehicle and chase the suspect around Phoenix.

At some point the suspect points a firearm at the father and son shoots the suspect twice, which caused the suspect to flip his vehicle. The suspected was "DRT" dead right there.

Phoenix Pd announced the next day the father and son will not face criminal charges because they acted in self-defense.

The law here in Arizona states in part, one can carry a firearm in public with out a permitt as long as it's secured and not concealed. If someone wants to conceal a firearm, they just take an approved firearm class, $$ and bam, they have a firearm. Usually in a few weeks.

I still do a double take when I see someone in public carrying a firarm on their hip.

I can't say for certain if we in Arizona have a lower crime rate than cities across America who have strick gun laws than Arizona, but it would be interesting to to find.

As for living in Arizona, It's OK. The housing market is cheap, 2500 Sq. ft home cost about $150,000, and the sun shines 300 days a year. Try and direct traffic for an hour in 115 degree heat. See how many cars you start to kick(2) because the drivers act as if they have heat stroke instead of you.

The only thing I'd like to see out here in Arizona, well besides watching the Red Sox play the DiamondBacks every year is the "brotherhood" I had experienced back East. Don't get me wrong, some officer believe in the "brotherhood" ( going out together, meeting families, etc) but most don't and that was evident with the sheriff's office I used to work for, every deputy seemed to be competing with each other. AT time this made working with other deputies like getting your *alls caught in your pants zipper.

The city department I work for now fosters more of a family setting and the officers tend to looking out for one another. Sorry for rambling on just wanted to give my perspective of how Arizona Law Enforcement is and how it could get better, I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.