Back Pain Remedies | MassCops

Back Pain Remedies

Discussion in 'Just Shootin' The Breeze' started by rocksy1826, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocksy1826

rocksy1826 MassCops Member

I had the stair chair from hell yesterday that went way wrong and now i'm in a massive amount of pain shooting up my spine. I do icy hot and aleve for pain but wondering if there is some magic remedy I'm unaware of that one of you might know.

My question: what do you do to help when your back hurts? got any tips?

[​IMG]

2. 4ransom

4ransom Subscribing Member

booze... lots of booze

3. Mongo

Mongo New Member

Yesh

4. rocksy1826

will do that today... but i'm not sure how well that'll go over while i'm working my double tomorrow

5. mikey742

mikey742 Subscribing Member

Booze and a massage if that don't work then go straight to the Vics

6. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

Smoke a big fa...... never mind.
    Patron or Cabo Wabo..

7. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

A chiropractor can work miracles, believe me. I can recommend a really good one if you like.

8. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

9. KozmoKramer

KozmoKramer Administrator Staff Member

Heating pad.
    Anytime I've had back pain of any kind, a good nights sleep on a heating pad (set to low or medium, high can burn after a while) has done wonders.
    Motrin or 4 Advil, heating pad, no booze, and lay prone.

10. Mongo

Mongo New Member

11. Inspector

Inspector Subscribing Member

Can you get to a hot tub?

12. rocksy1826

you are NOT helpful, smartass.

everyone else? thank you guys

i wish but no. i'm about to just do a regular hot bath. I have to go to bed early to be up for work at 3am so it cuts into my options for tonight.

I went to a physical therapist today who gave me a bunch of awesome pointers of stretches to do to help the pain along with a light massage. that helped for a bit but now the pain is back badly. At least it's just muscle and i didn't fuck up m spine or pop a disc

13. soup

soup MassCops Member

Go to your doctor. Get an MRI if possible. Pain killers are great, but they only mask the pain. Shooting pain up your back is not something you want to fool with.

14. US706

US706 New Member

I hope you get it looked at least... then decide whats the best treatment for you.
    My pain is mostly from stress and work related movements no injury.
    I try to stick to the holistic treatments like massage but...when its really bad I go for the 1600mg Motrin with a Flexeril chaser.

Best bet is like everyone else says get it looked at Don't be Stubborn.

15. REILEYDOG

REILEYDOG MassCops Member

Per doctors orders. Works best when combined with a mix of percosett and vicodin. That's what Dr. Feelgood, MD said.

16. EOD1

EOD1 Subscribing Member

NSAIDS, percocets, skelaxan & ice... lots of stretching.... trust me i have 2 herniated discs & lots of nerve damage!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.