Back again | MassCops

Back again

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by Falcon57, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Falcon57

Falcon57 Vires et Honestas

Hi folks, some of you may remember me from awhile back but probably not. Anyway, I'm a CJ grad student here in the Commonwealth who, as of next week, will be appointed as a Reserve Officer in his home town. I was fortunate enough to secure sponsorship to the R/I academy from a department out on the Cape pursuant to a summer special application at the beginning of the year and the academy certification (combined with working as an Intern at my local PD last summer) has paid off in a big way with a great opportunity to gain practical field experience while I finish my degree. I figured I'd celebrate by rejoining this cast of misfits. I'm here to learn and if I have anything to offer to the community here so be it. Stay safe everyone, I'll see you around the forum.

2. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Welcome aboard/back.

3. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

Welcome back

4. MARINECOP

MARINECOP MassCops Member

5. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Welcome Back, congratulations and kudos for your stick-to-it-iveness. Keep up the good work.

6. zm88

zm88 MassCops Member

Welcome back

7. Tuna

Tuna Always entertained

Now lets get one thing straight. I'm not a Misfit, I'm a Moron. Just ask my wife. Welcome back.

8. Falcon57

Thanks guys, my apologies Tuna I should have spoken with your lovely bride before addressing you with the wrong pejorative:wink_smile: In all seriousness though, I'm still somewhat incredulous about getting on. It didn't really hit me until I saw the appointment proceedings listed in the agenda for the upcoming selectmen's meeting. It's only part-time but it's a great stepping stone and I'll be working with a really squared away group of guys and gals from whom I'm sure I'll learn quite a lot. Besides, some paid detail now and again is just what the doctor ordered for this broke student's wallet!

9. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Yeah, I'm not a misfit either...I'm happy for your blossoming career and future potential. No go fuck yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Falcon57

Haha, that's already been taken care of as f'd in the head is exactly what I am to want to work in the Commonwealth with the SJC tying my hands whenever possible, a governor who killed my shot at the Quinn Bill, and a legislature that pulls crap like defunding all in service training while junkies get free healthcare. Yeah, I think we're all pretty much f'd.

11. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

If you ever get the chance to see the "Dennis and Dee Go On Welfare" episode of "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" I think you'll appreciate that statement even more!