Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LIBERTY, NY – State Police Sunday night charged a 45-year-old Howard Beach man with manslaughter in the second degree in connection with the shooting death of a 16-month-old baby.

Edward Taibi had been hunting in the Town of Bethel when he allegedly fired a shot from his rifle while hunting. The bullet hit the child, who died of her injuries at Westchester Medical Center.

Taibi had been hunting on property off Horseshoe Lake Road and fired his rifle, striking a deer. He then fired a second time from about 400 feet from a residence and struck the victim in the upper torso.
After the baby was stabilized at Catskill Regional Medical Center, she was flown to Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla, where she later died.

The investigation is continuing by the State Police with the assistance of the State Environmental Conservation Police and the Sullivan County District Attorney’s Office.

·
Subscribing Member
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Reports say the child was inside her grandparent's house when she was struck by the round.

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
My prayers go out to the family.

Thank God!! This didnt happen in Massachusetts!! Everyone would be ordered to turn in their rifles...

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Thank God!! This didnt happen in Massachusetts!! Everyone would be ordered to turn in their rifles...
Besides the obvious tragedy...what makes you think they are not documenting EVERY incident like this...every hunting accident, every negligent discharge...they are coming after the guns...you can bet on that and we ( law abiding owners of firearms ) should not give them any more ammo for their anti gun bullshit.

·
Maddy B's grammy
2,017 Posts
It's such a terrible tragedy. I feel for both the baby's family and the hunter. I know your suppose to know your target and what's behind it. But who would thought....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts