Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone give me some good insight into Babson College Police...I do realize that of course there's going to be the usual campus bs but overall how are they as a dept, how are their working conditions, pay, morale, etc. You can PM me if you want...Thanks :mrgreen:

·
Subscribing Member
4,342 Posts
I worked there for almost two years part-time. It's a great department, Chief is the last retired Watertown PD Chief. It's a sqaured away dept, they have brand new cruisers, all the equip except firearms for now. They are SSPO and also specials in Needham and Wellesley with CH90 powers. The station is huge,bigger than some muni depts. The pay is about $39K to start with police powers and differential. No police powers is $5000 less until you finish the academy. Lots of overtime,details. On-campus Pub details,concerts,parties, hockey games etc. Three weeks vacation to start (2 plus you buy one), unlimited paid sick leave, great medical, 403B(same as 401k) for every dollar you put in they match $3 up to i believe $5000, free college for you and your wife,kids. The sergeant position was vacant because the last Sgt left. He was a retired Sgt from Sudbury. Very, very hard to get it, Chief is very selective and chooses candidates very very carefully. You can make arrests but most of the minor crap goes to judicial referal. The Sgt position I believe is $5K more than patrolman. They also patrol Ohlin School of Engineering in Needham which is part of Babson.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.