Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
3,289 Posts
I took a B-Pad for a department in Florida. It was a video, which you react to by verbalizing commands to a movie screen. Your actions are videotaped for review and scoring. Its suppose to take the place of an oral interview. It was the dumbest test I've ever taken. It wasn't difficult at all, so don't stress yourself over it.

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
jesus, 6 hours. What Dept if u don't mind me asking?
The VA Beach PD uses the Video version of the BPAD. They are supposed to be able to give the Written test, BPad and background questionare & i think the polygraph in the same day for those who are not from the area.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It was in Oklahoma I think they made the test up themselves and called it a b-pad it had nothing to do with a video. I am going down to VA beach in april to take their test, if you live in the area what is it like and what is the general perception of the PD? Any information on these topics would help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I took one and it was nerve racking but easy. You are video taped responding to a video. You don't need LE experience. They just want to see how you react to someone flipping you off after you pull them over, etc... Hope this helps. Good luck.

·
Subscribing Member
5,135 Posts
Bigape9 said:
What is it does anyone have any experience with it. Any information will help headed to Virginia Beach and it's part of testing. thanks
the only results that they can expect from a test like this is simple....HOW CALM CAN YOU REMAIN. Focus on the word CALM and you will succeed.

·
Subscribing Member
5,135 Posts
as an added note. pretend your on an episode of COPS. things can get really stressful but in todays day and age you always have to assume the CAMERAS ARE ROLLING. The calmer you remain, the more professonal your appear to be.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.