Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone out there has information about Ayer PD? I've noticed that they've had a couple of listings on the jobfile recently. Any information would be helpful. Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
I work for Ayer P.D. If you are looking for specific information E-mail me at [email protected] and I will answer any questions. In general it's a good pd to work for, not perfect like most dept's. good benefits and a great contract. We used to be IBPO but left and started our own assosiation represented by the law office of Timothy Burke (Same lawyer that represents State police, Westford Pd, Grafton PD as well as a few more dept's.

The current job that is open has been posted twice already. The reason it has been posted twice is there has not been qualifyed applicants with good backgrounds. Which I have been told is the problem throughout the state lately. Many people don't want to go to other departments and be bottom man. The dept is budgeted for 17 sworn officers including the chief.

Benefits include
~ 85/15 health insurance
~ Dental
~ 4 on 2 off
~Double time on the 3 big holidays
~ I think starting pay is 39K and change and you max out after you complete one
at almost 47K
~ Shift diff for 3-11 and 11-7

This is just some of the benefits if you are looking for something specific let me know. I would tell anyone with a full time academy to apply its a great group of officers to work with.

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
Drew, don't forget to tell them that it's a busy department and you'll be making arrests daily, especially if they work with you. Ayer PD is a good department and good bunch of guys, nice new station, equipment and pay. Good luck to all!!

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
I dont know, last time they wanted applicants they were looking for FT academy trained officers with at least a Bachelor's Degree.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Mitpo62: Hey is that a T bus Coming?
copcreamer: Where?
Mitpo62: Right there!!!!! (shoves copcreamer in front of bus)
copcreamer: :finger2:

·
Subscribing Member
2,201 Posts
No quinn, but the pay if I am correct is in the high 40's, again I am not sure, was told that by a freind who workes for a neighboring town.

·
Registered
21 Posts
drewpopo";p="43126 said:
I work for Ayer P.D. If you are looking for specific information E-mail me at [email protected] and I will answer any questions. In general it's a good pd to work for, not perfect like most dept's. good benefits and a great contract. We used to be IBPO but left and started our own assosiation represented by the law office of Timothy Burke (Same lawyer that represents State police, Westford Pd, Grafton PD as well as a few more dept's.

The current job that is open has been posted twice already. The reason it has been posted twice is there has not been qualifyed applicants with good backgrounds. Which I have been told is the problem throughout the state lately. Many people don't want to go to other departments and be bottom man. The dept is budgeted for 17 sworn officers including the chief.
Is it a good place to dispatch and are the Full time Dispatch on 4-2 Thanks Chief
Benefits include
~ 85/15 health insurance
~ Dental
~ 4 on 2 off
~Double time on the 3 big holidays
~ I think starting pay is 39K and change and you max out after you complete one
at almost 47K
~ Shift diff for 3-11 and 11-7

This is just some of the benefits if you are looking for something specific let me know. I would tell anyone with a full time academy to apply its a great group of officers to work with.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.