Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· MassCops Founder
6,413 Posts
It's a start....

Get your foot in the door, get to experience a little LE and see if you want to make a go of it. It can't really hurt any.

· Subscribing Member
1,305 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the Haverhill Aux. will sponsor you for the R/I Academy. If that is the case and you have the spare time to volunteer it is definite good place to start.

· Subscribing Member
377 Posts
Personally, Auxiliary is a good place to start. Just ask our former auxiliary chief who just got appointed to full time on the regular department.
Yes, there is some ribbing that comes along with being an auxiliary officer. Fortunately MOST of the regulars appreciate what we do. In fact I haven't had any real problems when we enteract with the regs.
We do alot of boring P.I.T.A details, but we have fun also.
I know being an Auxiliary officer has open alot of doors for me.
Plus in the one year on the department I've gone through the Reserve academy, earned several certifications, and gained insight to the world of policing that has been helpfull in testing process with other PDs.

The down side is it requires out-of-pocket expense. You gotta buy your own gear. But there is always a regular officer out there trying to unload their department issued gear at a fraction of the cost.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.