Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
It's a start....

Get your foot in the door, get to experience a little LE and see if you want to make a go of it. It can't really hurt any.

·
Subscribing Member
1,322 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the Haverhill Aux. will sponsor you for the R/I Academy. If that is the case and you have the spare time to volunteer it is definite good place to start.

·
1,952 Posts
:wl:

I am going to start applying to Aux departments come the new year. Where abouts are you, we can swap off dept names that have them.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Wilmington Pd has aux ofcrs. you are requires to do (2) 8 hr school patrols per month. from 1800-2300 hrs. you are also eligible for details if the full time officers turn them down.

:twisted:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wilmington AUX is a great place to start. As far as
details their is a list of AUX Officers they call first
before any new people. You may have to work for a while before you get details

·
Subscribing Member
397 Posts
Personally, Auxiliary is a good place to start. Just ask our former auxiliary chief who just got appointed to full time on the regular department.
Yes, there is some ribbing that comes along with being an auxiliary officer. Fortunately MOST of the regulars appreciate what we do. In fact I haven't had any real problems when we enteract with the regs.
We do alot of boring P.I.T.A details, but we have fun also.
I know being an Auxiliary officer has open alot of doors for me.
Plus in the one year on the department I've gone through the Reserve academy, earned several certifications, and gained insight to the world of policing that has been helpfull in testing process with other PDs.

The down side is it requires out-of-pocket expense. You gotta buy your own gear. But there is always a regular officer out there trying to unload their department issued gear at a fraction of the cost.

·
Registered
253 Posts
yeah i guess 1800 to 2300 is 5 hours, what can i say, i'm a product of the wilmington school system ! :wm:

i'll just wait till tonight and listen to you talk to one of those pretty co-ed's.......

:lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts