auxiliary police question | MassCops

auxiliary police question

Discussion in 'Reserve / Auxiliary' started by Bostonftw, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Bostonftw

Bostonftw MassCops Member

I have recently sent out a cover letter and resume to a few local police departments around me asking to be join the auxiliary police force. I now have two departments that said they will take me on in the fall. My question is can I "work" for more then one police department? I figured I would rather give my time at two places to better my chances of getting full time.

2. jettsixx

jettsixx Had enough

Check with each department and make sure they do not have any policy forbidding it,but I know several people that work for more than one department.

3. MetrowestPD

MetrowestPD MassCops Member

:dito:

4. Bostonftw

Thanks for the responses. Ill be sure to find out

5. changeover

changeover MassCops Member

is an aux job a good way to get on the force?

6. toneil100

toneil100 MassCops Member

I believe that it helps. You will get your foot in the door and hopefully develop good contacts. Another plus is that you may, depending on what the auxiliaries do in the department, get a taste of what the work will be like.

7. changeover

changeover MassCops Member

Awesome, thanks! Im gonna call the departments around me this week

8. toneil100

Something I should have mentioned, don't be surprised if they require you to graduate from the Reserve Intermittent Academy before they will take you.

9. Simon

Simon Guest

Yah, what TOENAIL said................

10. toneil100

Hey, hey...it is toneil :)

11. Irish Wampanoag

Irish Wampanoag Subscribing Member

12. HELPMe

HELPMe New Member

Use it to pad the resume and seek contacts in a non civil service department. They are the only ones that seem to be hiring some what in this state.

13. Bostonftw

When I'm at home typing on my PC it is not my first priority to spell check and proof read my forum posts and/or threads. And yes, obvioulsy I made sure my cover letter and resume were all in check. Thanks for the replys though and the good lucks. I also figured a person must first pass the testing and training before being taken in.