Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any Auxiliary Departments east of 495 that are accepting applications or that may be in the near future. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Try the Randoplh Aux. Police Department. Excellent place to get a start. They send you to the reserve police academy. Check out there web site at www.rapd.8m.com Site has the info on how to join.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Full timers give some support to us but only to an extent..... it really all depends what group of full timers is on,. Kind of too bad that all the groups can't be as good as on piticular grop of full timers...

·
Registered
579 Posts
Well to ans the ? INF as last we stood last month it was around 60.. we stood even with the full timers.. But I know for fact we just lost a few, who chose to quit for whatever reason, I'm not sure, and I know of Two that were asked to leave, I won't get into detail, because I don't know and to be honest don't want to know... So for right now, I'd say real close to 55 members..I will know for sure when we get the up dated roster at our meeting next week...

·
MassCops Member
103 Posts
My department has put on three Attleboro Auxiliaries as officers and they know their stuff. They have nothing but good things to say about their auxiliary unit.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Try Haverhill Aux. www.hapd.org
They will send you to the academy, they have full police powers(arrest,chapter90,etc..)they do carry 9mm(not issued, your own)

Some advice, reserve academy usually runs 2x ayear.1 starts in January and 1 in September. unless its changed you'd be without that training until september.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I dont believe that Whitman PD has an Auxiliary department like that of randolph, or haverhill, but I do believe that they have a few auxiliary officers that work occasionally. Someone else may have better information...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Originally posted by BHCCPD:
Does Whitman, Ma have an Aux Dept?
Yes they do, they work freebee shifts on Fri & Sat nights I think and do paid details after full timers and P.I.'s are asked.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Mikey682
I have a long way to go... I will have a real job before that.. and heck they don't even have that position... If you joined we would make it up and appoint you... you are much more worthy

·
Subscribing Member
2,201 Posts
I worked for Randolph and Whitman, Stay away from from Randolph unless you are looking to get the reserve academy any way you can. Whitman is pretty good. You CAN work paid shifts, well back then $8 per hr if all the fulltimes and PIs turn it down. Also we did Ch90 and had a cite book in the cruiser. I was in Randolph for 5 year and learned nothing, they didnt let us do didly and the regulars were not that good, but there was a few. I guess it good to start but if I knew then what I knew now I would have went Whitman to begin with or attleboro or Rockland, they are also pretty good. I was in Whiman for 2 wks I was getting deatals, but I got fulltime so I left, obviously.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts