Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Auxilary Police

4K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Macop 
Not to bad mouth Aux Officers, cause its where I started. But if one is gonna go the p/t way to start,here are depts in Wmass and central mass that have parttime police and not aux. I mean depts that treat u like a regular officer. Granted most of those depts are in wmass and centrel ma closer to wmass. But if Aux is all you can get its a start.

Ya, that would be him, did you hear anything from Amherst? Amherst may be a place to avoid, they are very clicky and have a hollier than though attitude, and they love to shit on ya if you are a campus cop or a cop in a small town. The chief is an extremly unpleasant person.

All those places have part timers that work and are treated like full timers, in fact most wmass depts are like that. When I first moved out here and was hunting for p/time work, I looked into many of those pds.

1)Hadley has parttimers and openings at any given time but from what I was told by a partimer that works there that I used to work for is that for some reason the chief lets the postions go unfiled.

2)Granby makes you work as an aux first then p/t then f/t if it arises. I know someone who is going through it now

3.) Belchertown is a good place, I interviewed for a job there about 6 to 7 months before I went to the academy. The person they hired, not me, lol was working 40+ hours and was in my academy, she was there less than 6 moths before being promoted to f/t. I know another person who was hired there and promoted to f/t within months, if you have a chance go for that pd it is very quick to go from p/t to f/t.

4.) I tried Southampton but dont bother now one of the officers I work with lives in Southhampton and she says there are cuting the pd heavily.

5.) I know a few people who work at Hampshire, its good if yuo want to get the academy and to start somewhere, other than that its not all that good , at all. Smith is very good money but you will be unhappy.

6.) I know a person who is at Easthampton and says its a very good pd.

7.) Agawam has your run of the mill traditional aux. and so does Holyoke, Holyoke also has civil service p/timers.

8.) One of my staff instuctors was a Capt from West springfield, I'm told they get a lot of road jobs, but not sure about patrol shifts, I dont think there is much of that, mostly do details, not that its a bad thing, lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.