Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Auxilary Police

4K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Macop 
Tackleberry what town are you from, or what area?

Belchertown has some part time spots open I believe. Agawam has part timers but im not sure if they hire off the civil service list, same thing with Holyoke. Holyoke definately sponsors people through the part time academy though. West Springfield has a big part time group and is fairly easy to get onto, however they mostly do the Big E with the exception of required ride alongs and in service. Granby has part timers as well. Easthampton hires part timers with the title of "specials". THere pretty competitive to get into and dont hire too often, occasionally you'll see a listing for em in the Daily Hampshire Gazette. Southampton you can go into the department at any time and get a part time application, I believe they hire full timers from their part timers. Smith college and Hampshire college both seem to have frequent openings which may mean high turnover. Hadley has part timers but from what I hear the pay isn't that great, but its a foot in the door. Also check into Wilbraham or Hamdan, for some reason I think they have some part timers but am unsure of how they work or how many. Good Luck and keep plugging away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.