Automakers recall 1.7 million cars with fatal airbags | MassCops

Automakers recall 1.7 million cars with fatal airbags

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by kwflatbed, Feb 8, 2019.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

2. USM C-2

USM C-2 MassCops Member

So I thought, "WTF is a "fatal" airbag?"

Associated Press usually doesn't get sloppy in their headline writing... but that sounded like they were going out and killing people.

So I clicked on the link...

"The inflators can hurl shrapnel into drivers and passengers. At least 23 people have died from the problem worldwide and hundreds more were injured."

YIKES!

Kilvinsky, CCCSD and Goose like this.
  3. Sooty

Sooty Administrator

It's been ongoing for a while.. though my daughter was in an offset head on crash with her now recalled vehicle... no shrapnel... no airbag deployment either! FD/EMS were pretty surprised none of the airbags deployed - car was equipped with front and side airbags.

4. CCCSD

CCCSD MassCops Member

They recall the Kardashian too..?

5. CCCSD

CCCSD MassCops Member

Similar happened to me in a pursuit. Combined impact of 90 + mph, no airbags deployed in my patrol car...

I hope younger Sooty is ok.

Sooty likes this.
  6. Sooty

Sooty Administrator

The kitten was fine, thanks!
    90+ crash? OUCH! Hope it didn't total you!

7. CCCSD

CCCSD MassCops Member

There’s a long story attached to this, but my CV LTD not only got destroyed, I was able to pursue the fucker again as he tried to drive off in his camera... CVs RULED back in the early 90s!!!

We both ended up in the same ambulance.

Best part? I’m in the ER and a CHP motor Officer I know pushes in, asks me how I am, then tells me “Our findings are that you are NOT at fault in any way. I’ve already told your Boss...”

I got a write up for not using the radio during the short pursuit...yeah...whatever.

Goose, Sooty and Kilvinsky like this.
  8. CCCSD

CCCSD MassCops Member

Sooty,

Very glad to hear Kitten is ok.

USM C-2 and Sooty like this.