Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one knowing about this Dept? I just recently moved to Norton and i'm over 32, what are my chances? i'm a vet and bilingual.

·
Premium Member
6,401 Posts
Well I can't speak for Norton but Attleboro is getting ready to put another 6 through the MBTA academy and the rumor is upon their graduation we are hiring another 5.

·
Premium Member
6,401 Posts
Without residency I am not sure what your chances would be. It seems that you almost need residency to get hired by a cs department.

I can remember when I lived in Mansfield I was #1 on their list and 72 on Attleboro's. So residency plays a big role. Unfortunately Mansfield was not hiring at the time.

·
Subscribing Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess i better cross my finger, i just hope that Otis ANG sent to military police school soon

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good Source from Norton says....No layoff list hirings. One recruit recently started Boylston Academy. Looking to hire one more soon.

Norton does have the age restriction, so being over 32, you would not be eligible.

·
Registered
73 Posts
It's unbelieveable, you have to start working towards credentials/resume as so as you are out of a diaper!! To top that, now it has become almost impossible to go through the reserve academy with a self sponsor. The funny part is most departments hiring special or summer officers recommend having it, go figure!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.