Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, this is not a bash on the trooper, but! As a "officer safety" issue could someone clear this up for me! Was this officer not wearing a clip on tie??????And if he was wearing a regular tie, who are the idiots that decided that as part of the uniform!? Major safety issue, this guy could have easily been killed!

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,659 Posts
Originally posted by csauce30:
Yeah I hope this was a misprint, a cop wearing a regular tie is not the brightest idea...
At least he's alive to write a to-from! :eek:

·
Subscribing Member
1,322 Posts
Suspect in cop dragging nabbed in Fla.

Local briefs
Wednesday, April 9, 2003

A Natick man who forced a state trooper to run alongside his moving car as he tried to flee has been arrested at a Howard Johnson's restaurant in Florida.

Richard Cacciola was wanted for allegedly dragging Trooper Elvin Morales by his tie after being stopped March 11 on Interstate 495 in Westboro.

Cacciola was held without bail as he faces charges of drug trafficking ecstasy, Oxycontin and marijuana, as well as assault and battery on a police officer and attempted murder.

·
Subscribing Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would personally like to find out a bit more info, only because of the "officer safety" issue. How could a department let someone wear a "real" tie, if thats the case? Just my

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
"Trooper survives because of uniform safety"

"Clip-on tie saves troopers life"

"Trooper dragged by tie"

Yep that's the one that will sell some papers.

·
Subscribing Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I figured the trooper was only wearing a clip on, but the way the first post was written, made me think other. THANK GOD the trooper had breakaways. Personally, I don't wear tie's unless I really have to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts