ATF - Special Agent GS 5/7/9 | MassCops

ATF - Special Agent GS 5/7/9

Discussion in 'Federal Agencies' started by RCS, Sep 12, 2007.

1. RCS

RCS MassCops Member

2. JLT770

JLT770 New Member

anyone have any other info on the ATF? i heard they build their cases by themselves.

3. stubrie

stubrie New Member

Great agency, great money and great pay.

4. Inspector

Inspector Subscribing Member

5. 94c

94c Subscribing Member

Every good investigator builds his own cases. The others just hang around riding the other's coat tails.

6. JLT770

JLT770 New Member

true, but i meant that they didnt get any leads like the FBI or a PD would,

7. Dane

Dane Subscribing Member

Sure they do. If you want to work gun or arson/explosives cases, it's a great place to work. Their arson and explosives programs are top shelf. However, the FBI steps in when there is a nexus to terrorism. A large part of their criminal investigations involve working in conjunction with state and local departments.

8. southwick34

southwick34 MassCops Member

RCS, If your serious about getting this job? Why would you tip off the general masscops public? Less competition better chances of you getting the job. Also states that limited seats and first come first serve when they have enough they will close the opening. Be smart! -Southwick34

9. RCS

RCS MassCops Member

What led you to believe that I was even applying for this position? To be honest, this site has been an invaluable tool for myself and others to learn and to hear about job opportunities. The least I can do is post an opportunity that members may be interested in. I am sure I am not the only person to stumble across the job announcement. Good luck to everyone that is applying.

10. PBiddy35

PBiddy35 New Member

I'm sure they limit the applicants by only have that 7 day window 9/12-9/19. Thank god for overnight.

11. PearlOnyx

PearlOnyx Subscribing Member

Gotta love USA jobs. I've got it set up to email my account whenever an 1811 position with ATF is posted (which is almost never). I get all sorts of emails about civilian positions, but when the 1811 opens, up...nothing. I have to read it here. =)

12. JLT770

JLT770 New Member

yeah, thanks for the post about this job, seems like the dates come and go and you never hear about them.

13. stubrie

stubrie New Member

Got to keep in the know.
    Long process, last test was in alaska.
    People from mass were there.

14. RCS

RCS MassCops Member

Let's be honest....that is dedication.

15. OODA

OODA New Member

Thanks for posting this, I would have missed out otherwise! For some reason ATF doesn't use the USAjobs website, so there aren't email notifications for open positions with them.

16. RCS

RCS MassCops Member

No problem at all. As Pearl said earlier, many set their settings on the USAJOBS site to notify a user through email when a certain job series open up. My experiences have been that jobs such as the ATF and DEA (not recently) post there upcoming announcements on their own site.

17. HELPMe

HELPMe New Member

if you are an avid searcher of usajobs.com you will find it anyway. Give the guy a break for just trying to help out. We have ALL gotten tips etc from this website as to job openings. Lets share info instead of hording it like the fat kid with oreo cookies in preschool

18. JLT770

JLT770 New Member

i hated that kid, tough love got those oreos though. im just kidding, but yeah thanks to anyone sharing any information on ANY test or employment opportunity, whether local, state, or federal.

19. PBiddy35

PBiddy35 New Member

As I look at it, someone's got to get the job. If it's not me I'd much rather have it be someone from this site.

20. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Just remember, You won't do Jack Sh*t compared to the BE&P GS-0083's!
    W eall envy jndaniel

21. southwick34

Took it 1230-530pm yesterday. Not easy. 140 in the 1st group and 140 in the 2nd group. Was at Hynes convention center on Boylston.

22. southwick34

Got results yesterday TEA ineligible
    SAA Eligible

How about others?????????????