Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All, anyone have any information on Assumption PD? Good/bad place to work? Pay rate? Team atmosphere? Busy vs quiet? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I interviewed there about 7 years ago, they had a different Chief than there is now. Lots of scenario-type questions, they seemed to be awfully worried about liability for everything you can imagine. They were definitely looking for a "people person" as there is a lot of interaction with students, faculty, and families. An EMT cert would be a major plus there, or should I say at the time I interviewed, because there was only one guy who was an EMT and he worked 3d shift, and they only knew of a handful of EMTs who were students and/or profs.
My overall impression was a kind of slow place that probably spends lots of time on parking enforcement, I really don't recall much. The staff was friendly but serious. There did not seem to be an emphasis on professional development beyond the basics; I doubt they'd send you to much in-service training like a town would.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Mission";p="57471 said:
Hey All, anyone have any information on Assumption PD? Good/bad place to work? Pay rate? Team atmosphere? Busy vs quiet? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
I used to work at Assumption PD part time. I worked under the old chief mostly, but did work under the current chief for a short while. If you are interested in college police work, Assumption is a very good place to work. The dept is respected and run very well. We had wheel guns, but the current chief changed to glocks and got some new cruisers. They also got a larger station, which was needed badly. The people who are still there from when I worked there are very good people. Not many things to complain about.

Hope this answers your question.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.