Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

1,329 Posts
redpara";p="52054 said:
Got this from a JAG officer today; "You can call the nerast military base as a courtesay. If the local PD is willing to let the military take jurisdiction, they would {keep in mind, this can get complicated} and the military would prosecute them. Alternatively, if the service member was prosecutedby a civilian judge and sent to jail, the service would administratively seperate him and he would likely get an other than honorable discharge."

That said, in our area the military is no longer well represented; you have Hanscomb AFB in Bedford MA (Westover is a Reserve base) Newport RI or New London CT.

Picking someone up who hits ad a deserter will get a diffrent responce, the ilitary will come get him!

I have had a few of those deserters, one from the Army about a year ago. NCIC warrant was in the system for desertion and locked him up on a Fugitive from Justice charge becuase it carried a penalty of over a year. They were pleased to come and pick the young fella up. I have never run into the situation, but there is a specific M.G.L statute for deserters in the Massachusetts National Guard. If I find the chapter/section I will post it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.