Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Van Buren, Arkansas) After being convicted by a jury of raping her three-year-old son, a 35-year-old local woman, Lorri Rye, was sentenced by Circuit Court Judge Gary R. Cottrell to 10 years in prison and a consecutive 10-year suspended sentence. The jury deliberated less than three hours total in returning the verdict and the sentence.

The details of the case against Rye are disgusting.
Helen Hawthorne, who was the child's baby-sitter and is Rye's sister-in-law, testified that in October 2007, the child had asked if she wanted to play a game, and when she agreed, he asked if she wanted to perform sexual acts on him, including putting his genitals in her mouth.

Hawthorne told Chief Deputy Prosecutor Robert Presley she said, "I don't do that," to which she said the boy replied, "Well, Mommy does."

The next day was the child's fourth birthday, and Hawthorne said she agonized over what to do before going to police the day after his birthday because she didn't want to "destroy" his birthday.

"I was tremendously upset," Hawthorne told the court. "No, I didn't know what to do. You hear all the horror stories about DHS (Department of Human Services). ... I knew something had to be done."​
Rye's conviction relied upon her videotaped confession to Van Buren Sgt. Daniel Perry and former Detective Keith Lindley.

Rye will register as a sex offender once released from prison. While serving the 10-year suspended tag-along sentence, Rye will be prohibited from having any unsupervised contact with her son. The jury wanted to make sure that the boy was at least 18 before Rye had unrestricted access to him. As a minimum, Rye will have to serve seven years of her prison term before she is eligible for parole.

http://interested-participant.blogspot.com/

·
Registered
136 Posts
I can't believe it took 3 hours to convict. This dirtbag should never have contact with her son, supervised or not. This child would be better being adopted by a family that won't abuse him. Imagine the conversation When he is older about why she wasn't there for him when he was young. 10 years is not enough, life would be better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You people dont even know all the details. You dont even bother to think of whether or not these people have families that read this. So keep your damn mouth shut about things you dont understand.

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
Hey dipshit, YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH.

The following is all we need to know about the piece of garbage, the absolute FILTH we've sadly come to know; Ms. Lorri Rye.

After being convicted by a jury of raping her three-year-old son, a 35-year-old local woman, Lorri Rye, was sentenced by Circuit Court Judge Gary R. Cottrell to 10 years in prison.
It's no longer a "charge", she was convicted by a jury of her peers.
And I care not about the family of Ms. Rye. I do however care about the child who's life is RUINED because of that wretched pig.
The 1 person that little boy, barely beyond toddler, should have been able to count on for his whole life was his mother.
And she stripped him of that trust, his innocence and deprived him of ever having a normal life.

Ignorant apologists like you make me sick.
The posters here are right; she should be executed for what SHE DID!

Get the fuck out now and don't ever come back you harebrained imbecile.

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You people dont even know all the details. You dont even bother to think of whether or not these people have families that read this. So keep your damn mouth shut about things you dont understand.
\

Warning #1 to you newbee keep it up and you are GONE

·
Registered
3 Posts
She is my mother, i'm her 17 year old daughter. Reading crap like this online kills me even more knowing what my mom did. It just adds to the pain of her being in prison. So shut the hell up

·
Registered
3 Posts
She is my mother. I'm her 17 year old daughter. It hurts like hell to see the crap people write about people they don't even know. It adds to my heartache of knowing what my mom did and having to deal with my mom in prison

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
I'm sorry for you. I wouldn't wish a personal upheaval this on any 17 yo.
But do the right thing, stay off the computer and go help your little brother. He's the one that needs your support and attention right now.

·
Super Moderator
12,599 Posts
She is my mother. I'm her 17 year old daughter. It hurts like hell to see the crap people write about people they don't even know. It adds to my heartache of knowing what my mom did and having to deal with my mom in prison
I am truly sorry that you and your little brother have to deal with the hurt,humilation and heartache that your mother,NOT THE OPINIONS OF OTHERS has caused you. I sincerely hope you both get the help you need.AS far as your mother I hope they spay her before she leaves prison so she cannot produce more victims.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You know normally I would be agreeing with everyone here on this site about what needs to happen to people who molest children. However, I have known Lorri for several years and know in my heart of hearts that she did not do this. Ms. Hawthorne, her sister in law, was devasted at losing the child. It just amazes me that the child told no one else what happened. He was questioned by CPS, and also by others and never again stated such a horrible thing. Ms. Hawthorne knew what would happen if she stated this to the cops because her brother is in jail as we speak for molesting his child!!! Another thing that amazes me is when people dont know the story and yet they talk like they do. And as far as her family, well wishing evil upon those who dont deserve it is not very American like now is it. So before people start with harsh words, comments that are not necessary we should really keep out of it. And if we find ourselves having to comment then get the facts, and know the whole story so you dont look like an ass!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
I have to wonder, out of all the places on the internet this person could cross reference her mother's name, this site comes up? I mean this happened in Arkansas, and a website in Mass. comes up? My BS radar is up. If it is real, then I feel badly for what happened to this person's family.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Where do these people come from? I better call work to see if we have any missing psych patients!

Bottom line NO ONE WOULD confess to this CRIME if they were not guilty. I don't have any kids but if I was ever in this situation (if I was I probably would blow myself up) I would not have confessed to the crime. Lawyer up as they say on TV.

This isn't just some small misdemeanor charge. I'm not forensic psychologist but if someone CONFESSES to a crime or as an an example with that kid from worcester who called the police to say he killed someone, obviously knows right from wrong.

You have to be around the truly mentally ill to understand that people don't snap out of psychosis very conveniently.

Where do you people come from (new posters)? Are you going to EVERY internet message board and put out fires!!!

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
You gotta love it, where do these people hear about this site... Im gonna chime in because thats me fuck it..people always want to try to defend their family members when they do something absolutley inconceivable...they are blind to the FACTS and what they think is betraying someone they love...FUCK that.. my brother is serving a life sentence in California...crimes much like this...after he was convicted I never spoke to the piece of shit and never will.. as far as im concerned hes dead..hes a scumbag and should die for the things he did....Althouh you might not be able to cut someone off like that...take a step back..look at the facts...try to seperate your allegience to a family member and whats right..

·
Super Moderator
12,599 Posts
I have to wonder, out of all the places on the internet this person could cross reference her mother's name, this site comes up? I mean this happened in Arkansas, and a website in Mass. comes up? My BS radar is up. If it is real, then I feel badly for what happened to this person's family.
This site comes up if you google something, I know that because I found it that way. I just figured to hang out awhile ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.