Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where there is a shooting club that allows rifles? I'm not up to speed on shooting clubs in Mass.

Thanks

·
Banned
117 Posts
I dont know about assault rifles but Hamilton Rod & Gun in Sturbridge, MA has a shooting range that is either 200 or 300 meters long, distance is going by what was said to me. I have been there a couple of times, its a big range, not your typical shooting range in MA. Judging by the distance of the range, they allow high-powered rifles. I belong there and its a great club. Bring a conversion table for meters to yards.

·
Registered
968 Posts
New Bedford police have a range that is in Dartmouth which has a civilian side where you can shoot rifles. When I was there for my academy shooting I saw a couple of freaks come out of the civilian side with rifles. Not sure how you go about joining....maybe call them

·
Registered
456 Posts
It would really help if you stated where in the State you were looking to shoot?

I do NOT know of any gun clubs in the SE part of the state that put any restrictions on what kind of rifle you can use (IF they have a high power rifle range)!

Braintree R&P has a 50/100yd Rifle range (NO pistols allowed on this range) as well as 6 other ranges (including two state-of-the-art indoor ranges, jacketed pistol ammo allowed, no CF rifles indoors). They hold CMP shoots each month (except for Winter) where you are REQUIRED to use a military assault rifle :) (M1, AR15, etc.). Lots of LEOs belong there. Safety rules are VERY strict and they have the best indoor range in the state. www.brp.org I've been a member for 6+ years and highly recommend this place. If you want any further info, just ask.

Ames R&P (in North Easton) has a 50/100 yd and a 200/300 yd range. They also run monthly CMP shoots with M1s and AR15s. Club is "OK" but BOD keeps changing the rules on what you can/can't do on a regular basis and without any input from members. I've been a member here for 4-5 years and each year I contemplate dropping out rather than renewing. http://www.amesriflepistolclub.net/

More clubs and specific info can be found at http://www.goal.org/Clubs/affiliatedclubs.html, but if they aren't a GOAL affiliated club they won't be listed here (e.g. Ames R&P dropped out so they are no longer listed).

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Westfield, MA (club open to members)
Lee, MA (club open to memebers)

MPD";p="51275 said:
Does anybody know where there is a shooting club that allows rifles? I'm not up to speed on shooting clubs in Mass.

Thanks

·
Subscribing Member
342 Posts
Harvard Sportsman Club

·
Registered
456 Posts
Again, the list of clubs that allow center-fire (aka high power) rifles is very long.

FWIW, Sharon F&G and Massapoag Sportsmen's Club do NOT allow anything but .22LR for rifles.

If anyone here is interested in investigating Braintree R&P or Ames R&P, please feel free to contact me and I'll be happy to show you/them around either place at a mutually convenient time.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Auburn rod and gun club, Singeltary rod and gun club in Sutton, 8 point rod and gun club in Sterling, all require membership. If you are a full-time PO you can shoot at either with no problem, but don't get crazy with the rapid firing or you will get the boot.

·
Banned
117 Posts
Marlboro Fish & Game must allow rifles because when my dad was sighting in the M-4 in his cruiser, he sighted it in at the Marlboro Fish & Game. I dont know if they allow fully automatic rifles. I know that Nimrod League of Holden on the Princeton/Holden line shuts down its grounds once in a while to let the Princeton police shoot up there. I dont know if the POs that shoot up there shoot their rifles and I am not sure if the club allows fully auto rifle either.

Numbers and addresses to clubs suggested:

Hamilton Rod & Gun - 508-347-3389
24 Hamilton Road
Sturbridge, MA 01566-2954

Marlboro Fish & Game - 508-485-9739
1 Muddy Lane
Marlborough, MA 01752

Nimrod League of Holden - 978-464-2622
168 Coal Kiln Road
Princeton, MA 01541

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status