Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone is starting the academy tomorrow. Hope to see you all there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Hey Devo i'll see you there.

Quick question. Did they say to bring 2 Bic pens white with black caps. I Believe they did but i can't read my writing? Any help would be great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
professor said:
Hey Devo i'll see you there.

Quick question. Did they say to bring 2 Bic pens white with black caps. I Believe they did but i can't read my writing? Any help would be great.
I'm not really sure I didnt take the best of notes at the end of the day but they prolly did say that. I think tomorrow is gonna be pretty much an orientation day and we have to wear formal wear also. See ya there
 

·
Subscribing Member
Joined
·
456 Posts
wheelofmisfortune said:
Good luck in the most miserable career ever Pal! :thumbdow:
Remeber.... you are a muddog and don't you forget it. MUDDOGS 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,103 Posts
No metal wires, wouldn't want a con to slip a cuff. LOL. Nothing has changed. When you start PT you will be required to have the same water bottle. Its a matter of uniformity (like the black and white pens). Good luck all, it will be over soon enough and then the real fun begins.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,417 Posts
Too all of you starting the academy tomorrow; GOOD LUCK AND STAY SAFE!!
You're embarking on a career that is often dangerous, frustrating and thankless.
Just remember there are a lot of us out there that appreciate the work you do (and will be doing) and are routing for your success. All the best... KK :thumbup:


Oh, 2 other things. Avoid the 10 %'ers, they'll only bring you down.
And support your union.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
KozmoKramer said:
Too all of you starting the academy tomorrow; GOOD LUCK AND STAY SAFE!!
You're embarking on a career that is often dangerous, frustrating and thankless.
Just remember there are a lot of us out there that appreciate the work you do (and will be doing) and are routing for your success. All the best... KK :thumbup:


Oh, 2 other things. Avoid the 10 %'ers, they'll only bring you down.
And support your union.
Thanks a lot for your support
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
Great info. Some of us weren't even sure of when the next class was going to start.

The first wk will be a mess anyway. Just stick with what they said in the handbook. The type of bottle they said to have changed 3 times when I went through so don't spend an hour at the 7-11 on the way home buying 100 of everything they said to bring tomorrow. Always get some extra though, someone will need it come the start of the day.

I remember the day we all got gased with CS/CN. They told us the day before to bring a change over for everything (shower afterwards). I thought I doubled up on all the whities and was in the parking lot an 1/2 hour before the start of the day and someone didn't have a white T-shirt. Thinking I'd have an extra one in the trunk I gave it to him, only to find out I didn't. Wasn't going to asked for it back. Spent the rest of the day smelling like I just left the LA Riots.

Food for thought. Good luck to all.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,417 Posts
What the hell Dogma? Why? PT or the para-military atmosphere?
Or did they take you for a walk through the tiers and 6 said "Uh uh, not for me"....?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
No real PT yet, that starts tommorrow. Yeah, I'll just say that I don't think this was what they expected. It's not for everyone. Gotta go spit shine some more, later
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
340 Posts
Dogma20001 said:
No real PT yet, that starts tommorrow. Yeah, I'll just say that I don't think this was what they expected. It's not for everyone. Gotta go spit shine some more, later
This is exactly why I had to turn down the position. My heart was not really there, and this type of job requires 110 percent at all times.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,417 Posts
ProudAm - when you get a minute, shoot me a PM and fill me in on the interviewing details. Thx.
Dogma - keep us posted on your progress. And Good Luck!!
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top