Anyone hiring Reserve Officers? | MassCops

Anyone hiring Reserve Officers?

Discussion in 'Massachusetts Employment' started by Clydon94, May 18, 2015.

1. Clydon94

Clydon94 MassCops Member

So, I know summer is about to start and I probably missed most of the application processes but I am asking for any information. I recently didn't get a job as a reserve in a town where I thought I 100% had the job. Long story short I didn't. Is any town in MA looking for reserves or auxiliary? Thanks for the help.

2. districtcircus12

districtcircus12 MassCops Member

If you are close to western mass. Most towns are part time employment only. Also Cape/islands look for summer help.

3. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

Most towns in western mass aren't part-time employment only.

TacEntry likes this.
  4. districtcircus12

Sorry. Let me explain, a great deal of towns are part time (because I don't know first hand or anything)! Apparently I needed to be corrected. Thus, I change my course of comments. Glad niteowl was here for me

5. districtcircus12

11-out of 24 towns in Hampshire County are part time
    16-29 towns in Franklin County are part time (two not really having a police department).
    17- 30 towns in Berkshire County (one not having a real police Department)
    39 towns out of 83 are part time ONLY...most MOST hire part timers in lieu of maybe one or two full timers.

6. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

Good... Accuracy is key in any endeavor.

Foxy85 likes this.
  7. Hoppy12

Hoppy12 MassCops Member

Today I learned Hampden county isn't in Western MA.

Good to know.

8. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Obamacare...meh.

9. FourInchFury

FourInchFury MassCops Member

10. DeltaTango27

DeltaTango27 MassCops Member

Dover PD is currently looking for reserve officers

11. felony

felony MassCops Member

Dover never advertises for their reserves, its always word of mouth and you need a hook. At least that's how it was prior to the McGowan era.

12. felony

felony MassCops Member

I would try Hull PD, they have seasonal officers that seem to be proactive. Like anything else, research the towns near you and do your homework.

13. DeltaTango27

DeltaTango27 MassCops Member

I saw it on CJIS maybe they want a full time academy or an ass load of JUICE

pahapoika likes this.
  14. Clydon94

Clydon94 MassCops Member

I have done a lot of homework, but because its so late in the season towns have already hired their specials. I was curious if you knew any towns looking to hire a few more reserves or something of the same equivalency

15. felony

felony MassCops Member

What part of the state do you live in? If you live closer to Boston you may be SOL. Many towns closer to Boston don't have reserves and if they do, its a CS appointment. Like I said, keep checking with towns closer to where you live to see if they have reserve officers. Other then that, check this website and local department websites.

16. Clydon94

Clydon94 MassCops Member

Does anyone have a list of towns who hire Aux, I know abington, framingham, whitman, rockland, haverhill, sommerville, and dedham do, any other suggestions

17. Clydon94

Clydon94 MassCops Member

yea Im SOL i live in Bridgewater MA

18. Sgt Jack

Sgt Jack Subscribing Member

Just my thoughts, put together a resume and I would go to every non civil service town that's a about a 30 minute drive from where you live and see if you can drop off a copy, or ask if you could get an application. It may take awhile to hear back but it's worth a shot. Understand that there's a lot of politics in play at most of these places but you could still get lucky. You may have to wait awhile before you hear back from a dept.

Joel98 likes this.
  19. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

I think Whitman is making all their auxiliaries part-time R/I .

If you have an extra 4 or 5 grand laying around and want to self sponsor..............

Joel98 likes this.
  20. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

21. Clydon94

Clydon94 MassCops Member

22. dineen

dineen MassCops Member

I live in dedham, and they aren't hiring. My dad tried getting me on but they aren't taking anyone. I ended up going to Newton but they are unpaid.

23. felony

felony MassCops Member

Did you even look? Almost every town around you has reserves. Berkley, Dighton, Middleboro, Lakeville, Freetown, Rehoboth, Rochester. If you can't do the leg work, then you don't deserve the job.

Joel98 and DeltaTango27 like this.
  24. Clydon94

Clydon94 MassCops Member

I was just asking for more departments...I make calls every week, thanks for your opinion

tsunami likes this.
  25. Jamescosta

Jamescosta MassCops Member

Ahh the daddy card. The only way to fly...