Anyone here go to the Randolph Academy? | MassCops

Anyone here go to the Randolph Academy?

Discussion in 'MPTC' started by IMC957, Mar 22, 2015.

1. IMC957

IMC957 New Member

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum. I am scheduled to go to the Randolph academy on May 4h 2015, I am curious to hear from officers that attended that academy. Any advice you can give me? Any insight into the day to day operations of the academy or what I can expect as it goes along?

Thank you in advance for your help.

2. Tuna

Tuna Always entertained

Did not know Randolph had an academy. Is it a full time academy?

3. IMC957

IMC957 New Member

It is a full time academy. From what I understand, it was not active for a while, but it is again now. Not sure if it is open for good now or if this is a one time thing.

4. soxrock75

soxrock75 BOOM!

I think its based out of the MPTC HQ. If i recall, it is wicked small and had limited facilities. I want to say the recruits had to shower at a nearby Y after PT? Does that sound right? I could be confusing some of the older academy sites.

5. USMC2897

USMC2897 New Member

I went to the first randolph academy in 2008. It was kind of thrown together last minute and was not well organized at all. They were still constructing the new HQ where I believe the class is held now but they put us in an elementary school that was shut down while they were building the new facility. I think there have only been like 2-3 classes that have gone through the academy and they dont run regular scheduled academy's through like the other academy's.

6. cjmajor

cjmajor MassCops Member

@IMC957 My first and only advice would be to not blog about academy operations. Staff will look at this website and pick you out.. It happened at my academy. Other than that, good luck. Stay safe.