Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anything about Dana Hall Police??? I grew up in Wellesley so I know it's quiet, but is it a good place to start? How does one go about getting hired there??? Thanks :D

·
Subscribing Member
4,405 Posts
IIt's a security outfit in Wellesley that works for Dana HAll (prep school). They are armed but most of teh guys just carry a gun, no cuffs,oc,baton. Money sucks , last I talked to them a couple of years ago was $13 hr. They are specials in Wellesley I believe but don't work details. It's a key turning job 100%.

·
Registered
147 Posts
like people here say its a SECURITY job. They are or use to be Wellesley specials I use to work in wellesley and they always would call Wellesley PD for any problem. Not a very good job either lot of turnover there. They only "details" I ever remember them doing in Wellesley is on Marathon Monday when Wellesley PD needs all the help they can. for traffic and the only coner they have is right in the square by the road that leads to their school Other than that they do not do details in Wellesley

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Two guys in my academy were from Dana Hall. I was told that its really hard to get a job there because there is very little turn over. A lot of retired guys work there and they get paid federal police wage, 25.50 hr. They also said that there is almost nothing to do there. Zero crime, they are there for show pretty much. One guy said that he didn't even think that there was ever an arrest made. It is most certainly a security job. But none the less it is a job and a police job at that. Good luck.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
From a guy who was once offered the job...

Last I knew (3yrs ago) they were NOT specials, they had been stripped of them from Wellesley. The school would not pay for guys to get SSPO License even if they were certified. They were "Police" with no powers, more like 'impersonating a PO' charge waiting to happen. The pay was in the $13-14 range. It was a total key turning and visibilty gig. The students (all girls) are middle schoolers grades 6-8 (unless they recently changed).. who are you gonna lock up??? Don't get me wrong the folks there are very nice, but its definitely a place for retirees, not much of a career stepping stone - unless you're just looking for another (2nd) job. The Chief is a former DMH Police Officer - so not alot of "field" experience with him... nice guy though.

Is it a good job? Probably yes, but a damn boring one. And not a career booster. SECURITY.

·
Registered
39 Posts
They do have SSPO (paid by the school), some town specials, and from what i understand Deputy Sheriff appoints across the board very shortly. Little money, solo shifts, and very little crime. All female students, grades 6-12. The "police" work that does occur is usually trespass, 209a, and various other sorts that can be counted on when dealing with an all female population. Arrests are transferred to Wellesley PD, since the admin does not truly embrace the whole "police" image...

·
Registered
50 Posts
From all the posts I have read about Dana Hall Delta9 is the closet to the truth. We are in the process of being sworn in as Deputy Sheriffs for Norfolk County. Once you have your R/I or SSPO Academy you are appointed as a State Special Police Officer. We do details mainly around the campus at the present time hopfully will be expanding to cover town details. The department is also looking into having us sworn in as specials for the town.The pay is low and we do work solo shifts at the present time. This department is in its growing phase and like everything else it takes time for change to happen.

Steven V. Theriault
Campus Police Officer
Paramedic
Dana Hall School Campus Police Department
45 Dana Road
Wellesely,MA 02482
781-235-3010 Ext2222

·
Subscribing Member
4,405 Posts
I work solo shifts for a town somedays. You do what you gotta do. I don't look for trouble but if it happens, i call for mutual aid. You try to summons as much as possible,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.