Anybody know the order of the PT test for Plymouth County? | MassCops

Anybody know the order of the PT test for Plymouth County?

Discussion in 'Sheriffs' started by Brian82, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Brian82

Brian82 MassCops Member

The test consists of 300 meter dash, situps (1 minute), sit and reach, bench press and 1.5 mile run. Just curious what order we take them in.

Thanks in advance!

2. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

I think they still make candidates spin for it.

[​IMG]

mtc, Goose and FourInchFury like this.
  3. Brian82

Brian82 MassCops Member

Sweet. I'll start watching old Wheel Of Fortune tapes to get a leg up on my spin technique.

4. devenob

devenob 2300

However they feel like, its the sheriffs office...
    So think about what would make the most sense ...
    and they will do the exact opposite

5. felony

felony MassCops Member

Does it matter? It's going to consist of a 1.5 mile run, push ups, sit ups and maybe a vertical jump. Just get in shape.

6. LA Copper

LA Copper Subscribing Member

Seems to be the way of the world these days.

7. devenob

devenob 2300

Iv done multiple test in this format when i use to work at a sheriffs office in MA. They did them both ways, either the sit ups,push ups and so on then the running, or they did the run first. It didn't matter either way. Like felony said be in shape and it won't make a difference. Its all mental if you can do it you can do it no matter what order

8. Brian82

Brian82 MassCops Member

I was more concerned with having to do the 300 meter right before the 1.5 mile run. That was the genesis of the question.
    I knew I could complete each test on an individual stand alone basis. I just never had run 300 meters then immediately bang out 1.5 miles.
    The snow situation being what it is, I wasn't exactly able to replicate what the demand on the body would be.
    The 1.5 mile was first, then 300 meter. Did well either way.

Thanks for the replies!

9. CO4Sho

CO4Sho MassCops Member

That department sucks anyways, they pay poorly and give away hospital overtime and details to hack "reserve" deputies.

10. Brian82

Brian82 MassCops Member

A job is a good thing, no?
    I was under the impression they were one of the better paid counties. I'm no expert on it by any means though.

11. devenob

devenob 2300

I think middlesex may be one of the highest paid counties, but it is a job that pays good with good benefits. As you'll find out reserve deputies are usually friends with a friend of a friend of the sheriff, who has little to no training. They are then deputized as a reserve deputy, who go out and do details for towns in the county for free, and from what CO said go to the hospital to watch inmates instead of legit deputies getting the overtime. At the county i worked at they were never allowed around inmates, honestly I don't think they knew there was even a jail inside the building. They would come into the building and take a cruiser to go do there hack free detail, they would take the better cars/ new cars leaving us the junk and when there wasnt a good car available they would come in and cry about having no cars to drive, while we were driving crown vics with smoke pouring outtta them on the way to a hospital trip an hour away.

12. countymountie

countymountie MassCops Member

I have to ask.. and gods of corrections forgive me for resurrecting such a rotten and decaying topic but this blows my mind... but do counties still do this?? The honorary reserve untrained whatever you want to call them doing details? For context in the county I'm from anyone on a hospital watch or detail in a town is going to be someone on the payroll full-time, who went through the sheriffs CO academy, is in the CO's union, is a corrections officer who is deputized, then decided to do the R/I after at least a year and a half on the job (inside the walls) and is picking up some extra coin on his time off through good, mutually respectful working relationships with the municipalities or, in the case of a hospital detail, is on shift. Are departments seriously still letting guys with no training or who arent on the books do this stuff?

13. CapeSpecial

CapeSpecial MassCops Member

I think the OP was referring to the PT test for COs, as I don't think they have one for the reserve deputies. The reserve deputies that work details in Plymouth County go through the R/I academy and in-house training, much like reserves in towns do that work details.