Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everybody, i just had a quick question, it might be a dumb one though, im just wondering if theres any study guides for the correctional officer exam...

·
Registered
5,103 Posts
countryboy said:
hey everybody, i just had a quick question, it might be a dumb one though, im just wondering if theres any study guides for the correctional officer exam...
"He who ask question may be fool for five minutes; he who never ask questions stays a fool forever".-Confucius
-I don't know of a study guide for the CO I exam.

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
Country - I'm sure theres a Barons or Arco book that has decent information.
But honestly, I've never used one and have always scored in the mid to high 90's.
MA HRD Usually posts a down-loadable copy on the web site in advance on an exam. (Police, Fire, Corrections)

The exams usually begin with a memory section, and then a series of "general knowledge" type questions. Nothing you can really "study" for.

There are quite a few members that regularly post in the Corrections forums, I'm sure they will be ready to offer some insight as well. Good Luck and Welcome to the Site!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you can read and write and speak english, shouldn't be a problem. Seriously, just take your time and you will do fine. The class I'm in now has people with scores in the 70's, so just take your time and get a half decent grade and your 99% there.

·
Registered
159 Posts
SGT_GRUNT_USMC said:
You wouldn't believe how easy the exam is.You don't need a study guide.If you can read/write/add/subtract, you'll be good to go.
The test has changed since we took it Billy. It is a lot harder. How is the academy for L.V. going? Hendu

·
Registered
17,747 Posts
I am sure the Massachusetts HRD has a practice\mock exam on their website somewhere for it. I know they had a one for the Police. The practice\mock exams are great you can study from them and learn the test format.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought two books at Waldenbooks. But I was suprised as that I didn't need them. It is a very simple exam. Reading, Comprehension, and Math generally. Its not that hard if you take your time.

But the books are good because if you haven't taken the tests before they give you a little insight on the many different sections that can be on the exams.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.