Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a short off topic post.

OLD VERSION OF THE STORY:

The Ant works hard performing his tasks all summer
long, building his house and laying up supplies for the
winter. The Grasshopper thinks he is a fool and
laughs, dances and plays the summer away. Come winter,
the Ant is warm and well fed. The Grasshopper has no
food or shelter so he dies out in the cold.

Moral: Work hard and be responsible for yourself.

MODERN VERSION OF THE STORY:

The Ant works hard performing his task, building his
house and laying up supplies for the winter. The
Grasshopper thinks he is a fool and laughs, dances and
plays the summer away.

Come Winter, the shivering Grasshopper calls a Press
Conference and demands to know why the Ant should be
allowed to be warm and well fed, while others are cold
and starving.

CBS, NBC, and ABC show up to provide pictures of the
shivering Grasshopper and to video him standing next to
the Ant, who is sitting at his table filled with food.
How can this be, that in a country of such wealth, this
poor Grasshopper is allowed to suffer so?

Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah with the Grasshopper,
and everybody cries when they sing, "It's Not Easy
Being Green".

Jessie Jackson stages a demonstration in front of the
Ant's house where the News Stations film the group
singing "We Shall Overcome". Jessie then has the group
kneel down to pray to God for the Grasshopper's sake.

Tom Daschle and Walter Mondale exclaim, in an
interview, with Peter Jennings that the Ant has gotten
rich off the back of the Grasshopper, and both call for
an immediate tax hike on the Ant to make him pay his
"fair share".

Finally, the EEOC drafts the "Economic Equity and Anti
Grasshopper Act", retroactive to the beginning of
summer.

The Ant is then fined for failing to hire a
proportionate number of green bugs and, having nothing
left to pay his retroactive taxes, the Ant's home is
confiscated by the government.

Hillary gets her old law firm to represent the
Grasshopper in a defamation suit against the Ant, and
the case is tried before a panel of federal judges that
Bill appointed from a list of single parent welfare
recipients..

The Ant loses the case.

The story ends as we see the Grasshopper finishing up
the last bits of the Ant's food, while the government's
house he is in, "which just happens to be the Ant's old
house", crumbles around him, because he doesn't
maintain it.

The Ant has disappeared in the snow.

The Grasshopper is found dead in a drug related
incident, and the house, now abandoned, is taken over
by a gang of spiders who terrorize the once peaceful
neighborhood.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Vote Republican

·
screw you...
2,692 Posts
So true.. But since this is Assachusetts wouldn't the government just put the grasshopper on Transitional Assistance, issue an EBT and MassHealth card, put him in Sect8 Housing and tax the ant out of his house? Since the grasshopper is on EBT he'll have money for lottery tickets (20 every day) and hit it big too....

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,659 Posts
That was so f*cking hilarious........................
I soiled my armor!
:lol:

Sobering part is it's so damn true!
:cry:

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since the grasshopper is on EBT he'll have money for lottery tickets (20 every day) and hit it big too....
Only twenty tickets? Oh, damn, I forgot, he needs something left on the card to buy his jug of wine and his westports. Or maybe he just trades his EBT card to his dealer (the spider) for a little baggy every week.

I am sick of hearing people saying that we need to "provide" for everyone. That we "as a society" cannot afford to let this "social inequality" continue. Well, I as a taxpaying wage earner, cannot afford to support every low-life Grasshopper in New England.

Too many people are too proud to work low end jobs, but have no problem collecting hundreds of dollars in state and federal money every month.

](*,) :sb:

Getting off my soap box now.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I remember one apartment complex I lived at, a nice, safe, clean place- at the begining. I was paying $990 a month for my one bedroom. I lived there for a year, and close to the end of my lease there was a lot more traffic in and out of the building and a lot more noise comming from the first floor. Come to find that the management company put a bunch of people with rental assistance below me. They couldn't afford to pay the full rent, but they had enough money for a "pimped out" Honda Civic with a spoiler and air dam and all kinds of stupid sh--. One night I'm come home from work, pop open a cold one and sat down on my porch. Soon the familiar wail of sirens and the sight of blue lights filled the parking lot below. I stood there and watched as the local PD hauled off over a dozen people.

Just a story I wanted to share, no point here, just looking to vent.

·
screw you...
2,692 Posts
I love the grasshoppers on SSI/EBT/Sect8 that live in filth but have wide screens and killer surround sound and drive Lincoln Navigators... I can barely afford a friggin Dodge PU........

How's this, Mrs. Ant works in a surgical unit, and the fu*king grasshoppers come in, get stomach staples, tummy tucks and boob jobs... All on their MassHealth thanks to us ants...... She especially loves the grasshoppers that can't speak a lick of english, but get pissed at her and the docs when they don't habla..... WTF???

·
Registered
142 Posts
JONINNH for President !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great analogy of the difference between a republican and a democ rat . please post that on www.realpolice.net - there are a few misguided liberals infesting that site

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Or how the undocumented (am I the only one who still says illegal?) Grasshoppers can somehow still get rent assistance, section 8, etc... it's pathetic. Its pathetic how the media portrays this. Its a social victory when some dope dealer on the corner of Pine and Avenue B finally gets to move into subsidzed housing because now "he doesn't have to sell smack anymore and he'll become a responsible member of society" (bulls---) and its quietly brushed under the rug that Mr. Ant is driving a ten year old car with 250,000 on it and works all the overtime and details he can get because his public sector job doesn't pay him enough to provide the kind of life he wants for Mrs. Ant and the kids.

Or that illegal Grasshoppers can get instate tuition at public universities while Mr. and Mrs. Ant cut out flyers in the Sunday paper to save enough money for thier kids to go to college.

Or like the tractor trailer driver carrying a HAZMAT load who turns the wrong way on a one way road because he can't read the signs, or speaka the english when you ask him what the hell he was doing (or worse, when you ask him whats in the tanker, he no comprende)

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just so you all know, I cant take credit for writing that Ant/Grasshopper bit, a good friend of mine shared it with me. But I'll be glad to post it in that other forum.

I ran for public office once, lost by a few hundred votes. In NH, where State Reps and State Senators are paid $100 a year (yes, just one hundred dollars, and free admission to state parks), and in NH's largest city the mayor gets paid only $60,000 and the members of the Board of Aldermen and the School Board all get paid less then $4500 a year for countless hours of work, its not financially feaseable for most people to run.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.