Another Question :P | MassCops

Another Question :P

Discussion in 'Training' started by LeahGray23, Jun 29, 2007.

1. LeahGray23

LeahGray23 New Member

Do you need to go to school to become a firefighter? can you work while you're going to school....what is the first couple steps in becoming a firefighter? Thanks
    Leah

2. KozmoKramer

KozmoKramer Administrator Staff Member

3. girlcop21

girlcop21 MassCops Member

Biography:
    My name is Leah, I'm married and have a son named Jacob whos a baby. Location:
    MA Occupation:
    I want to be a police officer...

... you want to be a police officer but you are asking about being a firefighter...?

4. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

Now I am confused. I just answered the Police Officer Question...

Which do you you want to do more?

5. kttref

kttref New Member

Apparently neither.

6. MPDReserve

MPDReserve MassCops Member

If it is that up in the air, you may be better off at Applebees for the time being. :-k

7. kttref

kttref New Member

Ain't that the truth!

8. LeahGray23

LeahGray23 New Member

JUST to make myself clear...I want to be a police officer....MY HUSBAND wants to be a firefighter....sorry for the misunderstanding! he currently works most of the day so i am trying to find some info for him. thanks for the concern anyway :)
    Leah

9. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

ohhhh ok...

10. Nightstalker

Nightstalker MassCops Member

u guys are killing me... lol shes 18

11. screamineagle

screamineagle Masscops Therapist

first, if you live in a town with a vollie dept, have your husband join it. they will usually put you thru firefighter 1 & 2 training. doesnt hurt to become a paramedic either. Most non civil service towns are looking for firefighter paramedics now. Civil service, same as police, take the test and pray to god you have residency and a good score.

12. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

Never hurts to get the info anyway. At Least she knows what she wants to do. When I was 18 I looked at all the options as far as PD work goes.