Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Alien Member
17,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Angry man shoots lawn mower for not starting

MILWAUKEE (AP) - A Milwaukee man was accused of shooting his lawn mower because it wouldn't start. Keith Walendowski, 56, was charged with felony possession of a short-barreled shotgun or rifle and misdemeanor disorderly conduct while armed.
According to the criminal complaint, Walendowski said he was angry because his Lawn Boy wouldn't start Wednesday morning. He told police quote, "I can do that, it's my lawn mower and my yard so I can shoot it if I want."
A woman who lives at Walendowski's house reported the incident. She said he was intoxicated.
Walendowski could face up to an $11,000 fine and six years and three months in prison if convicted. A call to Walendowski's home went unanswered Friday morning.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080725/D92553G00.html

·
Always entertained
2,550 Posts
Have had the same thoughts about my Craftsman rider, Generaly it was the beers just prior to the attempted ignition that slowed the thought process in regards to the choke and fuel valve.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Angry Man Shoots Lawnmower For Not Starting

MILWAUKEE -- A Milwaukee man was accused of shooting his lawn mower because it wouldn't start. Keith Walendowski, 56, was charged with felony possession of a short-barreled shotgun or rifle and misdemeanor disorderly conduct while armed.

According to the criminal complaint, Walendowski said he was angry because his Lawn Boy wouldn't start Wednesday morning. He told police quote, "I can do that, it's my lawn mower and my yard so I can shoot it if I want."

A woman who lives at Walendowski's house reported the incident. She said he was intoxicated.

Walendowski could face up to an $11,000 fine and six years and three months in prison if convicted.

A call to Walendowski's home went unanswered Friday morning.

Keith Walendowski was charged Friday with shooting his lawn mower with a sawed-off shotgun.

"I'll tell you the truth," a criminal complaint quotes an apparently inebriated Keith Walendowski. "I got pissed because my lawn mower wouldn't start, so I got my shotgun and shot it.

"I can do that. It's my lawn mower and my yard, so I can shoot it if I want," Walendowski told police.

Ignorance of the law, however, is not a legal defense.

Walendowski is charged with a felony count of possessing a short-barreled shotgun and a misdemeanor count of disorderly conduct while armed. If convicted of both charges, he faces up to six years and nine months in prison.

The shooting occurred Wednesday at a home Walendowski shares with his mother in the 3500 block of S. Austin St.

According to the complaint, Walendowski had been drinking all morning. Around 9:30 a.m., he attempted to start his 21-inch Lawn-Boy - unsuccessfully.

After shooting the mower, he went in his basement, where he was arrested by police, the complaint says.

Police recovered the shotgun, shells, a handgun, rounds for the handgun and a stun gun.

Dick Wagner of Wagner's Garden Mart, 6075 N. Green Bay Ave.in Glendale, said shooting the mower didn't help Walendowski's odds of getting it repaired.

"Anything not factory recommended would void the warranty," he said.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,693 Posts
Aww come on guys....we've all been there. ;)
No Kiddin!
Heres my last rider after it pissed me off! I went right out and bought a new Husqvarna a week later!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Angry Man Shoots Lawnmower For Not Starting

MILWAUKEE -- A Milwaukee man was accused of shooting his lawn mower because it wouldn't start. Keith Walendowski, 56, was charged with felony possession of a short-barreled shotgun or rifle and misdemeanor disorderly conduct while armed.

Walendowski could face up to an $11,000 fine and six years and three months in prison if convicted.

A call to Walendowski's home went unanswered Friday morning.

Keith Walendowski was charged Friday with shooting his lawn mower with a sawed-off shotgun.

"I'll tell you the truth," a criminal complaint quotes an apparently inebriated Keith Walendowski. "I got pissed because my lawn mower wouldn't start, so I got my shotgun and shot it.

"I can do that. It's my lawn mower and my yard, so I can shoot it if I want," Walendowski told police.

Ignorance of the law, however, is not a legal defense.

Walendowski is charged with a felony count of possessing a short-barreled shotgun and a misdemeanor count of disorderly conduct while armed. If convicted of both charges, he faces up to six years and nine months in prison.

The shooting occurred Wednesday at a home Walendowski shares with his mother in the 3500 block of S. Austin St.

According to the complaint, Walendowski had been drinking all morning. Around 9:30 a.m., he attempted to start his 21-inch Lawn-Boy - unsuccessfully.

After shooting the mower, he went in his basement, where he was arrested by police, the complaint says.

Police recovered the shotgun, shells, a handgun, rounds for the handgun and a stun gun.

Dick Wagner of Wagner's Garden Mart, 6075 N. Green Bay Ave.in Glendale, said shooting the mower didn't help Walendowski's odds of getting it repaired.

"Anything not factory recommended would void the warranty," he said.
Come on Guys...just at look at him. That is the face of a true hick if I have ever seen one!

·
8,693 Posts
Come on Guys...just at look at him. That is the face of a true hick if I have ever seen one!
Could be the Chief of Police at (nah...forget it!);)

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
I heard of

Drunk Driving

Drunk Dialing (calling old girlfriend)

Drunk Relations (beer goggles)

Drunk Fighting

Never heard of Drunk Mowing?

·
8,693 Posts
Never heard of Drunk Mowing?
Yeah right Chris!
I've driven by and seen Wendy and the boys chasing you, begging you to stop and come in the house...meanwhile you just keep flying around the yard wearing your colorful bandana, shirtless, with a beer in your hand and cargo pockets!
:p

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
Yeah right Chris!
I've driven by and seen Wendy and the boys chasing you, begging you to stop and come in the house...meanwhile you just keep flying around the yard wearing your colorful bandana, shirtless, with a beer in your hand and cargo pockets!
:p
When I finish my 1 QT of Colt 45 I get bombed (At this point in my life a QT would get me bombed) I sit in my John Dear and just feel the power!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts