And you thought you had it bad... | MassCops

And you thought you had it bad...

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Articles' started by USM C-2, May 25, 2016.

1. USM C-2

USM C-2 MassCops Member

Mississippi Highway Patrol prepares for holiday enforcement while facing manpower challenges

From the article:

There are 475 working troopers in Mississippi. But only 201 are assigned to work the roads. Divide that in half for shifts and factor in days off. And that means there are less than 100 troopers on the Mississippi's roads at any given time.​

And later down...

The problem is, in 2015 we graduated 48 troopers," Poulos noted. "Since that time we have lost 86 due to attrition. So, it's very hard to keep our numbers up." It would cost over $11.3 million for a class of 100 graduates.​

Kilvinsky likes this.
  2. Fuzzywuzzy

Fuzzywuzzy MassCops Member

Well, noobs are always coming here asking who's hiring....well there ya go.

3. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

I know a few MBI agents pretty well. They are all part of the MHP. Great guys, squared away and busy as hell.

4. Fuzzywuzzy

Fuzzywuzzy MassCops Member

mhp-car-trooper.jpg Hey you young guys, if you get on try to get assigned to District 8. Over 60 miles of Gulf of Mexico shoreline.

USM C-2 likes this.
  5. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Disband them and assign them to work the state's Universities. Give 'em a taste of REAL police work, not just writing traffic tickets!

Ok, Ok, don't send any Mississippi Troopers looking for me. It's just a joke.....or IS it? :cool:

6. USM C-2

USM C-2 MassCops Member

Well, it's District 8 for MDOT, I think. For MHP it's Troop K. And, yeah, Highway 90 is a pretty drive along the sand. Cruising the Coast is a blast.