Amtrak Police? | Page 4 | MassCops

Amtrak Police?

Discussion in 'Federal Agencies' started by 6083, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Blivid316

Blivid316 MassCops Member

NOPE! SUCKS too because I have my masters degree and I get nothing for it. It will help with promotions down the line but as far as cash money right now, it matters not.

Glock 22's .40. For whatever reason, our mobile tac. team carries sigs. our command staff carries those cute little baby glocks. dont go telling the terrorists I told you this meow

2. soxrock75

soxrock75 BOOM!

Did you just say meow? Do I look like a cat to you, boy? Hopping around all nimbly bimbly?

3. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Now, how can anyone fault a great movie reference? Not ME!

KJC-625 likes this.
  4. cheezsta

cheezsta MassCops Member

Anyone know how soon Amtrak will be hiring? I heard they were looking to put some folks on soon in Boston, Rhode Island and Conneticut. I heard they were just waiting for some funding and some folks to retire. Dont know how true but if someone has any knowledge let me know or pm me.

5. Kilvinsky

I'm glad you posted this after so long. It's a tad frustrating to see adverts for this or that department and there's a whole lotta postings about it and then "POOF" nothing.

I NEED CLOSURE!:stomp:

6. cheezsta

cheezsta MassCops Member

I hear you, I was put on a short list of possible hires that was established about a year ago. This April I got a call from my recruiter, who ask me if I was still interested that they may have some openings in Conn. RI, and Boston. Since then I have contacted my recruiter twice, and has given me the same response, just waiting for the funding for the openings and/or folks to retire. This has been the longest wait ever, if I get the call I hope its worth it.

7. Kilvinsky

I hope you don't have to wait TOO much longer. I wonder just how many people they called back and were told, "No, sorry, that was last year. I've had several job offers since then and took one. Thanks anyway."

8. cheezsta

cheezsta MassCops Member

Yeah I really hope its soon I did apply Feb/08. I have had patience since, I am on the job already but feel this is a step up from my dept. If folks are interested I will keep you guys posted if or when I get a call. Just wondering I know fletc for ICE is pretty intense, but amtrak doesnt go through the same program, does anyone know how intense/physical it is for amtrak.

9. Kilvinsky

I can only speak for myself. Keep ME informed. Nothing worse that when a job gets posted, lots of chatter, then NOTHING. It's like if someone tore the last chapter from a book you really got interested in. :banghead:

I wish I could help with the info. My Dad was a RR cop back in the late 50s early 60s and I love RRs, but I never really looked into the job since it sort of ended up on the back burner for years. Terrorists have kept Amtrak afloat more than anything. It just seems the Railroads prefer to avoid the cost of keeping their systems safe and let local PDs take care of things. It's a damn shame, but the way the railroads declined over the years, profitability-wise, I can somewhat understand.

10. cheezsta

cheezsta MassCops Member

Got a call yesterday, they are trying to get a class together within the next few months, maybe even as early as next month. Investigator told me they should be receiving the funding real soon. They should be sending between 4-6 to the academy. I was told to just be ready, if or when they call. Crossing my fingers.

11. Kilvinsky

It's been two weeks now. Just know that when you find out, you gotta share, ok?

I'm guessing the academy IS FLETC, right? 4-6? Not TOO bad. Actually that's almost an amazing number considering how few have been put on in recent years.

GOOD LUCK cheezsta!

12. a76589

a76589 MassCops Member

I was at Andrea's in Quincy awhile back and there were two recruits for Amtrak that were getting their initial issue equipment. They were both going to New Haven after the academy. That was probably in May.

As for the academy, they told me they were going to FLETC for 12 weeks. I was surprised at how short it was, but I do not know what the curriculum is there.