All UFC/MMA Events & Posts | Page 9 | MassCops

All UFC/MMA Events & Posts

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by 7costanza, Oct 25, 2008.

1. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

Thanks MC....Im actually off....looks like a great weekedn for MMA.

Sounds good to me....as soon as you admit Fedor is the best ( JK ).......It really amazes me that on this entire site there like 4 of us that are into MMA. Im not sure why it isnt more popular, these guys are easily in the same level as any class of athlete , I see MMA as a physical chess match and find it fascinating.

2. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

It is an evolving sport. I have been a fan for years. I used to love boxing, until I started watching UFC. I still love a good boxing match but think the UFC has so much more depth to is. I used to watch K-1 fighting which is similar to MMA and kick-boxing.

3. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

Did anyone watch the fights last night? I can't believe Forrest got KO'd so easily.

Florian was holding his own against Penn, I knew once BJ got him down it was only a matter of time. He's a beast on the ground. I felt like I wasted $45 though it wasn't that great of a card.

4. Barbrady

Barbrady MassCops Member

Someone post the vid of Forrest getting KO'd if they know where to find it. I heard it was embarassing to watch. Heard Anderson was his usual cocky/unsportsmanlike self mocking Griffin trying to help him up. Also, heard the reason why Forrest ran off so quickly was not of embarassement but because he broke his jaw. All speculation....sucks not being able to watch the fights...

Who is next for Silva, Machida? They are running out of opponents. I could see him holding both middle & light heavy titles easily.

5. MARINECOP

MARINECOP MassCops Member

It was up on Daily Motion.com, but they pulled it off. That site has most of the UFC fights on it right after the pay-per-view is over and then they pull them off a few days later. Forrest said he slipped on a banana peel. :p
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. Barbrady

Barbrady MassCops Member

That's awesome:L:

7. 7costanza

8. Mass

Mass MassCops Member

I agree!!!!!

9. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

10. MARINECOP

The Carano vs Cyborg fight was pretty good considering it was female MMA. I bet on Cyborg and won some money. My buddy Will lost $50.00 because he was hypnotized by her good looks. LOL. Cyborg is a beast, not to mention she is from the Chute Boxe fight camp where Wandy learned to fight. Gina got paid $125,000 and Cyborg only made $25,000 for the fight. Now that is bullshit.

UFC 102 COUTURE vs NOGUEIRA is not a good card at all. Not worth the money. I believe it's Randys last fight on his contract. One last big payday for the old man. Wrestling vs BJJ = Snooze fest with these two. UFC 103 has potential though.

Found a few more Forrest gifs/pics. LMAO.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. L4G81

L4G81 MassCops Member

Cage Fighting Event - Worcester in the Platinum Premier parking lot starting at 7 I believe? This Saturday....

12. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

13. TopCop24

TopCop24 Working in the land of misfit toys

Rumors are swirling about Carano posing for Playboy....that would be nice :hump:

14. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

Good find. Look at the card. The most experienced fighter they have has 8 fights and he's 2 - 6. Oh and for a mere $40 you can get in.

I love the idea but I think they are off a tad on the price for the fight card. No heavy weights either.

Wow I didn't know about the horrible purse deal considering the fight probably grossed 10 million +.

You're right about UFC 102 total snooze fest.

15. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

The only real draw to Worcester would be to see that retard Spaz get the shit kicked out of him.

16. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

+1 I'd to do it with one arm tied behind my back.

17. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

:BE: Isn't that dude Spaz blind without his glasses? That almost doesn't seem fair. LOL

18. MARINECOP

They won't let Spaz get hurt. That would be bad for MMA in this state. They will give him a can and tell the can to take it easy on him. A quick submission and it will be over.

19. MARINECOP

20. Mass

Mass MassCops Member

I met Tim Silvia the other day in Boston while he was making a movie. Nice guy and I was able to talk to him quickly and get a pic with him.

21. MARINECOP

Post the pick. Tim is down in the dumps right now because of his destruction by Fedor awhile back and of course him getting knocked out by the old man Ray Mercer. Did he say when he will be fighting again and with what organization?

22. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

23. 7costanza

I watched the show last night also Sgt, his cut was about as bad as ive seen. The fights before were pretty good, especially for free, I wasnt that impressed by the quality of hvy wghts in the Ultimate Fighter show though, hilarious to watch a former NFL star get so winded by doing a little MMA, kind of shows you how difficult it really is.

24. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

Yeah the fights before hand were all good. That is also the worst facial but I have seen from MMA or boxing. I just want to see Kimbo get beat down, I'm not expecting much out of the remaining 15 fighters, but as the previous 9 seasons have shown one or two of the guys will be pretty decent.

25. 7costanza

AND...of course I forgot to mention the stupid back and forth between Evans and Jackson we will have to listen to for the entire season. I dont know about you but I hate that crap, I dont know if the UFC asks them to step up the shit talking for ratings but Iam not a fan of the bs , let your fists do the talking.