All UFC/MMA Events & Posts | Page 13 | MassCops

All UFC/MMA Events & Posts

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by 7costanza, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Wildcard

Wildcard MassCops Member

I'm too cheap/poor to purchase, but I may see where it's being shown. It is definitely going to be one of the better cards in a while.

2. MARINECOP

MARINECOP MassCops Member

If you were a long time member here I could tell you where to watch it on-line for free in almost HD. Maybe next year.

3. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

PM please.!!!!!!!!!

4. MARINECOP

PM sent, enjoy.

---------- Post added at 02:34 ---------- Previous post was at 00:48 ----------

The "Axe Murder" is back people.
    [video=youtube;VGNoBZMAl3A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGNoBZMAl3A&feature=player_embedded[/video]

5. 7costanza

There are more people at a UFC weigh in than any boxing match, BTW im taking The Ax Murderer to knock Leben out in the 2nd round.

6. 7costanza

Dammmm, Melvin finally has his shit together, him and Edgar would be a sick fight.

7. MARINECOP

Shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wand got knocked out! A sad night for the Wand fans over the planet. Wand has taken to much damage in the past fighting in the HW Grand Prix during the Pride days. He will stick to training fighters now. Wand has a great fight camp/school. My remote is now part of my wall in the living room. Smashed beyond recognition. Charter is closed on Monday, so I will not be able to get a new remote control until after the holiday. What a nightmare for the Wand fan base. Overall UFC 132 had some good fights and great finishes. Well worth the $$$.

8. Wildcard

Wildcard MassCops Member

That's all right. thanks anyways. I was this close to pressing the "BUY" button on my remote, but I talked myself out of it because I knew I had to be to work early. Even had the wife on board, but she enjoys watching it with me anyways.

Sounds like there were some great fights. I'm glad Leben won, I really enjoy his fights. Always brings it and always entertaining.

9. 7costanza

Its nice to see Leben fianlly putting his God given talents to use, he was as lean as I have seen him but I would have much rather seen Silva win.

10. Wildcard

Wildcard MassCops Member

Silva winning definitely would have been the feel good story there.

11. 7costanza

My reasoning is based on their behavior not their MMA skills. Leben has changed for the better as a person or as we call it in real life he just got older and seems alot more focused and not as much as a jerkoff like his first few years after the Tuff Fighter show. I like fighters that can beat someone down but always help their oppenent up after, true MMAs embody a whole lifestyle not just getting in the ring like Tank Abboot, although he was fun to watch.

12. 7costanza

Alright Gentleman, whos your pick Dos Sontos VS Cain, I hate Velasquez but im going with him. Also Leben got his ass handed to him by Munoz, who would have thunk. Anyone see any good other fights lately?

13. Mass

Mass MassCops Member

I am going with Dos Santos! I think it could go either way, but I will pull for him.

14. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

I'm not a fan of Cain either but he's pretty solid. I haven't seen Dos Sontos enough to form a solid opinion of him. Should be a entertaining fight though. On Fox at 9pm sat right?

15. MARINECOP

I really hope Dos Santos can beat Mr."Brown Pride" tattoo. I feel his tattoo is racist, but many do not see it that way. If the tables were turned and Brock Lesnar had a white pride tattoo across his chest then the world would be screaming racist. I have never been a fan of Cain and based on the last season of TUF anyone can see Dos Santos is a great guy. It should be a good fight and I am glad it's free.
    View attachment 3276

16. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

+1 to everything you said.

17. Mass

Mass MassCops Member

Dos Santos in 1 min 2 seconds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

It's a good thing it was free.

19. 7costanza

They definately messed up by only showing ONE fight. I thought they would at least air the Clay Guida fight also but to just air one fight and it only lasts.a minute, what a waste. Anyways Mr Brown Pride got knocked the Fuck out. Is it ok if I get a White Pride tat .....what ? I'm proud of my heritage.....exactly.

20. MARINECOP

The UFC sure did not gain any new fans after last night. A 40+ minute hype for a 64 second fight. Then Dana White bashed both Cain and the new champ. He never even congratulated Dos Santos for winning. A complete disgrace. I really hate Dana White.

21. federal officer

federal officer MassCops Member

He is a little full of himself if you ask me !!

22. MARINECOP

Fedor is fighting Monson live sunday november 20th on PPV. I will be buying this one. He must win this fight or the legacy will be over. BTW, Jeff Monson is far from an American hero. He is an anarchist. :thumbs_down:
    20 "" , M-1 Global. (31-4) (42-12)
    [video=youtube;MbVxQjXW1vg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbVxQjXW1vg&feature=player_embedded[/video]

23. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

Looks like a match up of a couple of old washed up dudes if you ask me. Monson is 40, Fedor has lost 3 straight with his last loss to Hendo who typically doesn't fight HW. Even if Fedor wins all he did was beat a 40 year old dude with 12 loses that nobody cares about.

24. 7costanza

I have to agree with the Sgt. I wish we could have seen what Fedor could have done with his MMA career if he had done the smart thing and moved to the States and trained with the best in the business using the best trainers and equipment. I think he would have been a top Light Heavyweight. Unfortunately he's all done and the Snowman has melted.

25. MARINECOP

UFC 139 had the best fight in UFC history. Shogun vs Henderson was the best 5 round fight ever. Period! In the co-main event Wanderlei beat Cung Lee via TKO, which made my night and then the main event blew my mind. UFC was a 10 out of 10. I hope someone on here bought this card. I am sure they would agree if they know MMA.

Sgthoskins, don't get me cranked up about Fedor! He beat Monson tonight and is now 32-4 and he was undefeated for 10 years before his 3 fight loss. Monson is not a worthy opponent in the stand up, but almost every HW fears him on the ground. It was basically a confidence builder fight to get his mind right, which is common in all fight sports. Fedor is 35 and still has much fight left in him. Two years ago he was the baddest man on the planet and everyone loved him. Just because a fighter losses 3 fights in a row, he is now old and washed up???

7costanza you are right that he should have trained with other great camps like AKA, Chute Boxe, Team Quest, Miletich, ect.. Instead he is forced to mostly train with Red Devil because those at M1-Global are die hard Russian mafia and they don't want their cash cow to leave them. He has done some training with a few other camps, but those were only for a week or two at a time. His next fight needs to be against a top 10 HW or one of his last three loses. If he wins then he is officially back on the horse. If he loses then his confidence will be unrepairable in my opinion and he should retire with all of his millions.