All UFC/MMA Events & Posts | Page 12 | MassCops

All UFC/MMA Events & Posts

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by 7costanza, Oct 25, 2008.

1. MARINECOP

MARINECOP MassCops Member

Me and my daughter watched all of the fights. She was happy to see Fedor win, but I think she was more happy to stay up past here bedtime. :p

2. MARINECOP

3. Barbrady

Barbrady MassCops Member

I am a fan of Fedor as he is one of the classiest in the sport. But, I look forward to the rematch. Rogers became another victim but I had him winning round one. Guess it doesn't matter much when Fedor decides to finish the fight. Looks like we won't be seeing Fedor any time soon though, he effed up his hand on Rogers face..out of for 4-6 months.

4. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

Fedor really only took that one single shot, which had zero effect on him. Fedor then almost pulled off an arm triangle, a kimura, a kneee bar and an arm bar. I dont think rogers has even woke up from that shot in the second round. I agree that Fedor is one of the classiest fighters in MMA and the 4-6 months he will be off wont really make any difference seeing as he usually only fights once a yr. I hope Dana White finally pulls his head out of his ass and tries to get a deal to have Fedor fight Lesnar.

5. 5-0

5-0 Guest

I felt that punch on my couch! :D

6. MARINECOP

Like I said before Fedor fought that Dana White would bash him even if he won. The guy just has no class what so ever.

Dana White has a better understanding of media relations than virtually any sports personality alive. Beat writers want inflammatory quotes; White gives it to them. It’s the reason he’s such a pervasive presence, and it’s helped make his brand synonymous with combat sports. Geniality is boring. Meltdowns create hits and move copy.

Saturday’s Strikeforce telecast is an open invitation to solicit White, because everyone involved knows what they’re going to get. It’s approaching performance art.

“CBS made its biggest mistake partnering with a tiny, small show with a roster no one cares about,” White told Yahoo Sports Wednesday. (Wind him up and watch him go.) “Just because you read on MMA.TV that someone is a superstar doesn’t make it true. This should prove that no one out there gives a [expletive] about Fedor.”

White is referring to the roughly 5.5 million viewers who tuned in for the Fedor Emelianenko/Brett Rogers bout, a number that bests the 4.7 million who tuned in to see Anderson Silva embarrass James Irvin in the summer of 2008. And if you believe White went on to proclaim that “no one gives a [expletive] about Anderson Silva,” you are an interesting person.

Thankfully, Yahoo’s contributor left the recorder on. “If I hear any of you guys [sportswriters] calling Fedor the best pound-for-pound, I’m going to go postal,” White raved. “Do you think Brett Rogers would have lasted two minutes with Brock [Lesnar]? What do you think Cain Velasquez would do to him?”

What Velasquez would do to him is speculation, but we know what Emelianenko would do to the guy about to fight Velasquez for the UFC’s number-one contender’s slot: Emelianenko punched a hole in Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira’s head on three separate occasions. So either he’s really a pretty good fighter, or White concedes he’s granting title opportunities to washouts.

This could go on for days. Some purists are going to seize up at the mention of these comments, but a sizable number of fans with a more recreational interest take White at his word. Strikeforce really didn’t need an Emelianenko. They needed a Dana White.

7. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

Dana is pissed Fedor's camp wouldn't sign. He offered them the richest contract in UFC history and they said FU. I'm not a White fan, but if I was running the most lucrative MMA venue I would be bullshit too. I think Fedor has 4 fights left with Strikeforce, not confirmed but I think it's 4. He needs to get off that sinking ship and show the world that he is what he is...

8. 7costanza

I think the World already is well aware of what he is, any TRUE MMA fan knows Fedor is pound for pound the best MMA fighter period. Dana White has been bashing Fedor for yrs and he continues to make him eat crow every time he fights.

9. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

That's fine. If he's that great he'd come over, strikeforce is not paying him what the UFC will. If he doesn't come over when he's done with his SF contract, he's afraid to. The money is there, he's 33 and his $$$ window is shrinking. He needs one more big contract.

10. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

Bump the thread.

So we have Marinecop's wife, Fedor being too aggressive and taping out and losing a HUGE $6,000,000 per fight UFC offer.

And we also had Brock Lesnar take a pounding from a guy who has knocked out every opponent in 3 minutes or less only to survive and chock out Carwin.

Discuss. :smug:

11. 5-0

5-0 Guest

I didn't get to see the Lesnar fight, but here's a friendly thread

[​IMG]

12. Mass

Mass MassCops Member

So, what do you guy's think about Silva winning? Good triangle he pulled off and the other guy almost got out except he let Silva grab hold of him arm and keep it in place. If it was not for that arm, he could have pulled out, even using his legs for help and won the fight.

13. Mozzarella

Mozzarella MassCops Member

Didn't get the chance to watch the fight. As with most of the fights, will have to wait for a rerun.

14. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

I missed the fight too. The fight numbers were pretty one sided for Sonnen.

15. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

What's this I hear about UFC and Boston???? Good M&G opportunity.

16. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

Look at the ticket prices and get back to me. I wouldn't want to go unless I was close to the ring and those tickets are through the roof.

We could go somewhere and watch it though. What is the date?

17. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Boston enters UFC ring

Fight is test of new rules

[​IMG] By Dave Wedge
    Friday, August 27, 2010 - Updated 45 minutes ago

[​IMG]
    Photo by Nancy Lane
    IT’S A WRAP: Randy Couture puts on his gloves before a practice session yesterday at the Hynes Convention Center.

The Hub has done an about-face on cage fighting and is ready to rumble, welcoming the wildly popular UFC that was once banned in Boston in what will be the state’s first major test of its new mixed martial arts rules.
    “I’m definitely in favor of this,” City Council President Michael Ross said of tomorrow’s UFC 118 pay-per-view blowout at the TD Garden. “I think we tend to be a little more conservative than we need to be. I definitely welcome the change.”
    It was just five years ago that city officials banned cage fighting, dismissing it as human cockfighting and a “no holds barred” bloodsport that attracted punch-drunk thugs. But UFC has since exploded into one of the most successful pro sports leagues on the planet and all but eight states now have MMA regulations in place.

Full story:
    Boston enters UFC ring - BostonHerald.com

18. Barbrady

Barbrady MassCops Member

I wouldn't dare come on here and boast...:happy:

19. Mass

Mass MassCops Member

Georges St-Pierre vs. Josh Koscheck UFC 124 GSP still the champ!
    Josh made fun of GSP's shorts during the show, maybe if he used the same shorts as GSP and stopped playing with his own, he could have done better. Every two f'ing seconds, he was touching his shorts and once I noticed it, it drove me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe now he will shut his mouth and learn how to fight.

20. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

I noticed that too. :teeth_smile:

21. 7costanza

BUMP

I lost the MMA bug for a while but there are so many outstanding new fighters its hard to stay away. Brian Stann is someone to watch for,destroyed Leben, plus hes a very good ambassador for the sport. I know MARINECOP, USMCMP and SgtHoksins will like him.

'All American' Brian Stann

22. Wildcard

Wildcard MassCops Member

Did anyone happen to catch UFC Live on Versus the other night? A couple of decent fights and an AMAZING comback in the Kongo/Barry fight. Craziest finish I've ever seen.

23. 7costanza

I just caught the Joe Lauzon fight and the Barry/ Kongo fight. Lauzon looked real good his stand up has improved and his submission was sick. The Kongo comeback was one best comebacks ever but also one of the best knockouts.

YouTube - ‪Cheick Kongo knocks out Pat Barry‬‏

24. Wildcard

Wildcard MassCops Member

I'm actually a fan of Barry's, he's come quite a ways in such a short time, but I can appreciate Kongo's knockout. Also a fan of Mitrione's since he was on The Ultimate Fighter. Definitely not a horrible night of fights for free.

25. MARINECOP

Great night of fights tomorrow night on PPV. UFC 132 is a fairly stacked card. Wanderlei Silva is fighting once again. He has been out for over a year due injuries and now he is back. This PPV could bring some of the best finishing fights this year. So who here is going to purchase this event? I know I am.