All UFC/MMA Events & Posts | Page 11 | MassCops

All UFC/MMA Events & Posts

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by 7costanza, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Mass

Mass MassCops Member

I agree on all counts. Now let's see what Kimbo brings to the table next week.

2. MARINECOP

MARINECOP MassCops Member

First we would have to figure out who is going and where they are from? Then we could figure out a central location. Worcester is a good central location for me and 5-0. We would just have to figure out a place that has a big high def TV to watch the fights on. :D

3. 5-0

5-0 Guest

It seems like a bunch of guys in the thread are from NH, so I am not opposed to moving the site a bit north? I'm already north of Worcester anyhow, so it's nbd to me.

If MC would turn on his GD cell phone, I could figure something out... or he is just dodging my calls. Probably the more likely scenario.

4. rocksy1826

rocksy1826 MassCops Member

following host ufc cards regularly:

Hooters in Saugus
    Bostonville in Lynnfield
    Pepperoncini's in Framingham
    Sports Depot in Allston
    Charlie Horse in W. Bridgewater
    Goodtimes in Somerville
    Dockside in Malden

i know i'm forgetting some.

5. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

I'm about an hour north/west of Worcester. But getting to Worcester is pretty much a straight shot and pretty easy for me.

6. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

I wont be able to make that Nov 7th.

7. MARINECOP

Why? Plenty of advance notice. I just talked to 5-0 and he will be there. Where ever there is? LOL. That is something we fans need to figure out.

8. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

No there is plenty of advance notice. I've had a hunting trip to Maine with two friends planned since April. ;) I'd be with you guys if I wasn't already committed. The good thing is the Nov 21st UFC card is even better. :D

Lesnar vs Carwin UFC : Ultimate Fighting Championship

Both of them are Monsters.

9. rocksy1826

rocksy1826 MassCops Member

That's going to be a sweet card. My money's on Carwin (hate Lesnar), Coleman, Sadollah, Davis and no idea for the last match up.

10. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

Gents don't forget tonight is the Kimbo vs Big Country fight....

11. 7costanza

Im going with Kimbo, Big Country seems like a complete slob and I think Kimbos standup is better, but ive been wrong before.

12. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

It is going to be a good night. Get out of work, school work done for the week, have some Octoberfest, kick back and relax with my dog and my girl and watch the hyped out Kimbo fight! I can't wait.

13. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

I am hoping Kimbo gets dusted but like you I think BC is a slob. I would have no problem stepping in to the cage with him. I know if I can get past the 3 minute mark it's lights out for him. :DB: While I suspect his stamina is better than the last two fighters we watched it won't be much better. And remember one thing about Kimbo...

He got KO'd by a gay dude.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. 7costanza

Lame fight, neither one of those guys would last a round with a legit Hvy Wght in the UFC.

15. MARINECOP

Roy showed that Kimbo is a fraud as Seth did and Dana is a suck ass for Kimbo. With all of the shit Dana talked about Kimbo in the past Dana should have ran in the ring and bowed down to Roy. Dana and the UFC see money with Kimbo because of the highest Spike TV ratings in the shows history. So now he bashes Roy for winning the fight? What a corrupt suck ass Dana is. Bash a fighter who just owned Kimbo, to which the fight should have been stopped in the first round. Roy fought a smart fight in-order to win, which is the goal of any fight. He knew Kimbo had no ground game and put him in the crucifix twice at his will. As for the ref Herb Dean, he has been bought and paid for. I lost all respect for him as a ref. Over 20 seconds of non stop unanswered punches to the head while in the crucifix at the end of the first round. I know they wern't hard punches, but they do some damage. The rules say that a fighter must be able to defend himself. I remember Dana White talking about how MMA is not corrupt and the sport of boxing is full of corruption. I guantee we will see Kimbo back on the Ultimate Fighter, and on a UFC PPV in the future because all they care about is the money they will bring in to their pockets. Wow, am I pissed. Not to mention how bad I feel for Big Country Roy Nelson for not getting the credit he deserves for a huge win in the eyes of the MMA world.

Frank Mir vs. Roy Nelson at Grapplers Quest World's Largest Grappling Event
    Roy Holds his own here.
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dj5xMeXybs"]YouTube- Premium: Frank Mir vs. Roy Nelson at Grapplers Quest World's Largest Grappling Event 2003[/nomedia]

16. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

Well put Leatherneck. All Dana sees is $$$ with Kimbo and that's all he cares about. Kimbo would be better off being a heavy weight boxer. He has no business being in a MMA cage.

17. Mass

Mass MassCops Member

That was a great fight between Roy and Mir!!! Roy is definitely a good fighter!

18. Sentinel

Sentinel MassCops Member

So here is Kimbo, supposedly this total badass who will walk through the MMA world.. ooops guess not. Kimbo has NO ground game, Roy passed his guard into full mount, then passed again to side control at will. Sure the guy can throw a heavy punch, but this is MMA not a drunken bar brawl.

The posts about this being just about money are dead on, is this UFC's first step towards WWE wrestling? How much you want to bet we see Kimbo again sometime this season on UF?

Stick to beating on steroid bloated pussies on the Internet Kimbo, there is no place in MMA for you.

19. MARINECOP

STRIKEFORCE
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 – 8:00PM/CT
    TELEVISED FIGHT CARD

Fedor Emelianenko (30-1) vs. Brett Rogers (10-0) - 3X5 - Heavyweights

Jake Shields (23-4-1) vs. Jason "Mayhem" Miller (22-6) - 5X5 - 185lbs - Middleweight Championship Fight

Gegard Mousasi (22-6-1) vs. Rameau Thierry "The African Assasin" Sokodjou (7-4) - 3X5 - 205lbs

Fabricio "Vai Cavalo" Werdum (12-4-1) vs. Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva (13-1) - 3X5 - Heavyweights

20. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

I'm going to be in Maine hunting that weekend I sure hope one of the local bars has the fights on I don't want to miss anything.

Fedor is a beast but I don't think Rogers is a push over either, it "should" be a decent fight.

21. MARINECOP

Lesnar Out of UFC 106

LAS VEGAS (AP)—UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar has withdrawn from his upcoming title defense against Shane Carwin because of an illness.
    Lesnar was scheduled to fight Carwin in the main event of UFC 106 on Nov. 21 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. The former professional wrestler and college wrestling champion said Monday he’s been out of training for nearly a month while battling the unspecified illness.

Lesnar is the mixed martial arts league’s top pay-per-view draw after his lucrative title defense against Frank Mir in UFC 100.
    Tito Ortiz’s return to UFC against former champion Forrest Griffin will become the main event at UFC 106.
    UFC hopes to reschedule Lesnar’s fight against the unbeaten Carwin for early next year.

Video of brock at vikings game
    Looks fine to me.
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBIgvbt2YQo"]YouTube- Brock Lesnar at Vikings vs Ravens game[/nomedia]

22. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

Don't forget Gents, tonight at 9pm on CBS Fedor vs Rogers

23. MARINECOP

Great KO by Fedor. He beat Rogers (ranked #6 HW in the world) at his own game. Not a fan of Rogers. He cried about his loss and never gave Fedor the respect he deserved for knocking his ass out. Whaaaaaaaaaaa, I want a rematch. Whaaaaaaaaaaa.

24. StbbrnMedic

StbbrnMedic fraggle tamer

That was a great time! I rewound the final punch & watched it a few times! Lol

25. Unit23

Unit23 MassCops Member

All four fights were worth watching tonight, better then the last few ppv events.