All UFC/MMA Events & Posts | Page 10 | MassCops

All UFC/MMA Events & Posts

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by 7costanza, Oct 25, 2008.

1. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

Since their fight is scheduled for December I guarantee you Dana has asked them to talk shit and get all dramatic as evident by Rampage tearing apart the door in the gym in the preview for the next episode.

Dana better be careful about doing this every season, people are going to start calling the UFC the WWF.

I don't like it either. I don't expect them to be friends but I also think they are way over the top with it.

2. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

I DVR'd it and can't wait to catch up on it! It should be interesting.

3. Mass

Mass MassCops Member

He did say he was fighting again soon, but I did not ask who, when or where. Check you PM

4. BizzyNCo

BizzyNCo MassCops Member

Kimbo might do good, but I doubt it. The winner last night looked good, but Abe just couldn't figure out that Madsen would keep shooting into him...Rampage thought so too when he left

5. Mass

Mass MassCops Member

What do you guys think of Victor winning? I did not get to see the fight yet myself.

6. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

Didn't surprise me.

7. rocksy1826

rocksy1826 MassCops Member

I expected and am glad that victor won. Despite him being a great fighter, I've just never been a Franklin fan. Cro Cop's loss killed me though. I love that guy.

8. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

" VITOR" was a phenom when he first came to the UFC, unfortunately his sister was kidnapped and murdered which I believe really messed him up, rightfully so. I have always thought of him as having the best striking ive seen in the UFC. I also was a huge Cro Cop fan for many yrs, no clue what happened to him when he came to the UFC and got knocked out by Gonzaga and now this fight. I am still waiting for the Baddest Man on The Planet to come over and clean up ....FEDOR!!!!!

9. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

I like Mirko too but to be honest I think he's just about done. I think he's 35 and it seems he's getting slower each fight. A few years ago he could and would knock people out or down with a leg kick to the head. I don't think he kicked once to the head in his last fight.

I read that Fedors next fight is going to be on CBS? Can you confirm this?

10. 7costanza

Not sure Sgt, but ill call him when I get to work and find out ;)
    Meanwhile heres a site to bookmark and check every once in a while, also read up a little on Fedor.

Fedor Emelianenko | M-1Global.com

11. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

12. MARINECOP

MARINECOP MassCops Member

It's Vitor, Vitor Belfort! LOL. He won't beat Anderson Silva, but he has a chance against Dan Henderson. Bye the way, when are all of us MASSCOPS MMA fans going to get together and watch a UFC PPV? Sounds like a good idea to me. We need to figure out which one and all meet somewhere to watch the fights. I know Gillians in Worcester shows the UFC and the badge will get you in without a cover charge.

13. 5-0

5-0 Guest

This should happen SOON! Give me a call MC, let's look at the calendar and try to figure out a date. If we can get something solid, I'll make a poll or something.

14. 7costanza

The way things have been around here lately MARINECOP we should combine a [email protected] and an MMA event..invite all the members that have issues with one another and settle the bs once and for all :)

15. rocksy1826

I feel the same. It just sucks though. I love his fighting.

16. MARINECOP

November 7th.
    News - Strike Force USA

17. 5-0

5-0 Guest

As long as YOU are there... that is unless you are very large and talented. In that case, I will have to shoot you.

j/k

MC... Call my CELL hahaha

18. rocksy1826

i host UFC PPV at my place every 2 or 3 cards. Otherwise, i go to bostonville, hooters or that little place in framingham. I never miss a card.

I'm dying for UFC to get to Boston. I went to UFC 100 and it was 1000x better in person.

speaking of MMA events. Mid-november, Combat Zone, 2 guys from my gym are fighting on that card. More details to come.

19. 7costanza

Sick Fawker, we are talking MMA.

20. MARINECOP

We should all go November 7th to see Fedor vs Rogers fight live on CBS, it's free on TV so we could actually go to any bar to watch the fight. This should be the one for all of us MASSCOPS MMA fans to see.

21. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

Where is a good central location? Worcester?

22. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

Anybody watch that joke of a fight last night?

Neither guy really deserved the decision and if one did it wasn't the guy they picked.
    It looked to my like Wes clearly won round #1. He had two or three take downs too.

Kimbo makes his first fight next week.

23. 7costanza

I watched the fight, very dissapointed with both, the McSweeney guy is supposed to have like 100 fiigts under his belt yet was winded after round 1, the other guy is pretty useless and wouldnt last 1 round with any Hvy Wt in the UFC. As for Kimbo, I am looking forward to see what he can do, if it stays a striking match he has a good chance but if the other guy has any BJJ hes done.

24. rocksy1826

Honestly? I thought Wes owned the whole thing compared to McSweeney.

McSweeney's leg kicks sounded nasty though. Otherwise, the fight sucked.

25. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

I thought Wes won the fight. McSweeny was throwing wild punches and turning and running. It was pretty sad he got the decision IMO.