Airsoft for Force on Force | MassCops

Airsoft for Force on Force

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Education & Training Questions' started by Glockguy17, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Glockguy17

Glockguy17 MassCops Member

I am researching different options right now for Force on Force training options. I hate to say it but I am considering Airsoft as an alternative to Simunitions.

As a training tool Simunitions are far superior in my opinion however there is the obvious expense.

Are any of you utilizing Airsoft guns and in particular airsoft rifles in your Force on Force training?

If you are what type brand are you using?

I want to keep whatever option I go with as close to our real equipment as I can..

I have been poking around lately looking at some different options online but they range from really cheap looking stuff to others that are as expensive as real firearms...

Any insight would help..

2. LA Copper

LA Copper Subscribing Member

We've started using the Miles System, the same the military uses. It's a good alternative to simunitions and is cost effective.

It can be reused over and over. It doesn't make a mess so it can be used anywhere, indoors and out and there's no cleanup. You don't need any extra equipment such as face masks or outer sweatshirts and pads. And it gives a little "zap" to the person who is "shot" so you know when you've been hit.

Glockguy17 likes this.
  3. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

So... Now I have an idea for the next bachelor party....

4. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

I say we just tase Hush and get it over with.

:)

Hush and pahapoika like this.
  5. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

2nd

6. the42cop

the42cop MassCops Member

My department uses Airsoft when we incorporate firearms into out DT training. It's perfect for those role play scenarios where you are literally in grappling range and have to transition to firearm. It's also really good for weapon retention and disarmament drills since there is no ambiguity about whether or not you were shot without anything more than a slight sting. They're way cheaper and safer than Sims for that particular function.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk