Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone im mostly just a lurker on this board picking up the bits and pieces of info i can. But yesterday a friend of mine said he had an interview coming up with the Federal Air Marshals service. I dont really know much about them other then that they fly and deal with problems on planes mostly. He said i should apply, does anyone here know anything about them? Good Bad or ugly?

·
Super Moderator
7,134 Posts
If you think about it, I would say it can be a boring job...a stepping stone rather than something that (I, personally) would want to do for a long time. A magazine had an article about them a few years ago...I can't for the life of me remember what mag it was though.

Think about it...you're on a plane for 8+ hours a day, and you can't sleep...and all you do is fly from place to place...and deal with (most of) the inconveniences of commercial flying...

·
Alien Member
17,557 Posts
I have a friend who is a Federal Air Marshal, he does the transatlantic route
you would work irregular hours.. depending on what flight you are on

if u like flying and airports then go for it.
But as Frank said it can be a bit boring.. but then again u might
enjoy it.

good luck anyway!

G

·
MGH_PD said:
Hey everyone im mostly just a lurker on this board picking up the bits and pieces of info i can. But yesterday a friend of mine said he had an interview coming up with the Federal Air Marshals service. I dont really know much about them other then that they fly and deal with problems on planes mostly. He said i should apply, does anyone here know anything about them? Good Bad or ugly?
Why are you asking? Are you with Al Qaeda? I'm watching you.:ninja:

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
I was under the impression these were relatively sought after, "you have to know someone" type jobs...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats kinda the feeling i got from some that it was a job you needed to know someone to get and some people said they cant give the job away so who knows any know about the pay or benefits?

·
Subscribing Member
2,201 Posts
Frank, American Police Beat did an article on the FAM a few years back. Talked about how a lot of the people who joined up after 9/11 were jumping ship to other federal agencies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.