Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Rumor.

Possibly the DOC and Sheriffs someda....

MSP and Parole are 2 seperate agencies with very different missions. The Parole board has nothing to do with the DOC as far as DOC control goes.

·
Registered
38 Posts
All I can see is $$$$$ and thoughts of 25/75 dancing in my head but, in reality I think RG's idea may be more realisitic. But with that would DOC employees be eligible for the ever $acred Road Detail$????!!!

G

·
But with that would DOC employees be eligible for the ever $acred Road Detail$????!!!
It's a subject of bargaining; if the state agreed that your SSPO powers extended to working details (or if you could make arrangements to be sworn as special officers for the towns you would work) and you could agree to take the scraps, you could probably pull it off on a limited basis.

In spite of what the Herald and the Globe want everyone to believe, police details DO exist in other states. When I took a hunting trip a few years ago, I saw the Tennessee DOC working a highway construction detail in uniform, directing traffic.

·
Subscribing Member
456 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Anyone else hear rumors about consolidation of DOC, Parole and perhaps (gasp!) the MSP?
Never ever going to happen. I wouldn't call it a rumor either, sounds more like a story a constable might come up with at a party, who is drunk and on a really bad mushroom trip. But hey I'll stay optimistic about it, this is Massachusetts dont forget. I think as long as Free 'em all Deval is in office we could even see the Maytag man running speed traps on 495 in the near future:rolleyes:.

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
If I was more motivated, I could work more details here in Florida (a state which everyone seems to think there are no details) than I did in Massachsuetts. That myth that Massachusetts is the only state with all this detail work is exactly that...a myth that the administration has been feeding the public.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts