Advice to the 79th RTT | Page 4 | MassCops

Advice to the 79th RTT

Discussion in 'State Police' started by Killjoy, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rock

Rock Undefined

Re: Advice to the 79th

Dogma 20001 is a classic tough guy intenet talker. Just do us all a favor and let us know when your time at the SPA is done and why. Be half a man and come clean with the truth. Damn do I wish I could be a fly on the wall for your first few days.

2. Dogma20001

Dogma20001 MassCops Member

Wow, one the the people I was talking about right there. Whole life is "I'm a State Trooper", doesn't get enough of it on the job, has to go to boards and preach about how special he is and how hard the academy is. It's like the people I work with that wear the "We Walk the toughest beat" DOC T-shirts every where. Your'e probably one of those troopers that says " I don't flash my badge to try to pick up girls" and I believe you, cause you are probably one of those guys that I see all the time wearing clothes with the State Police emblem somewhere on it whenever they are out in public. Joke.

3. Mikey682

Mikey682 Subscribing Member

:rofl:

4. Rock

Rock Undefined

Never said any of the things you just posted but that's fine tough guy. And your wrong about me flashing anything that says where I work...but that's fine too. My issue with you is that I've know a hundred guys like you that worked for the DOC or Jail and think they've seen it. Your talking smack about something you know NOTHING about. It's not my life but it is something I'm very proud of and....now this is the important part, so pay close attention....YOU DON'T BELONG. You won't fit in so save yourself and everyone else the time and energy. Good luck to you, I really hope you grow up and I mean that.

5. nirtallica

nirtallica Subscribing Member

The list for who is attending the 79th RTT came out today and every Barracks gets a copy of the names. I don't think it will be very hard for anyone to really figure out who you are. I worked for the DOC and I still talk to the Staff at the Shirley Academy. Judging by your posts, it won't be too hard for the DI's to figure it out either. Remember, everything is fair game at the SPA. If they ask and you own up to it, well then that just creates all kinds of other unforeseeable issues for you to deal with. Damned if you do and Damned if you don't. By the way, didn't you get turned down and got in on an appeal?:t:

6. 40th MPOC#309

40th MPOC#309 New Member

I'll bet he isn't even in the 79th....Just a shit-stirrer with a big spoon.

7. lima4

lima4 Guest

I can tell you right now. Make sure you have all the items on the list that was provided. Good luck to you people, and make sure to square your corners!!!!!

8. lofu

lofu Subscribing Member

I was starting to think the same thing.

9. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

OMG, not another back-door job.

10. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

It's too bad this thread took a nasty turn, I started it as a joke, but some kook always has to prove his manhood by trash-talking things they know nothing about. No one has ever stated that the MSP academy is equivalent to BUDS training, I specifically posted in a previous thread that it was NOT as difficult as BUDS training.

But consider this; the MSP academy has a dropout rate of about 33%, giving it a much higher dropout rate than Army Basic Military Training (about 8%), or Marine Corp Recruit Training (about 16%). The reasons for dropouts are many; it could be family issues, a legitimate concern with average age of the MSP recruit being 27 whereas the average age for the Marine recruit is 18, lack of physical fitness or physical problems, or simply a desire to ecape a high-stress environment. There are no predictors that ensure success at the academy; former officers, former military of ALL branches (some combat veterans), marathon runners or muscle heads, and persons with law degrees have all quit the program. This is not a meant to scare anyone, it is statement of fact.

To those of you starting in the 79th, I have this advice for you:
    -Keep your mouth shut....loose lips, sink ships.
    -Assume nothing...no one attending the 79th can say "BTDT" with a straight face.
    -Spend as much time with your family on weekend as you can... because come Monday you need to get your head in the game with no distractions.
    -Don't let your "friends" drag you down...one moment of indiscretion on the rotten weekend can be your downfall.
    -Getting to this point is a compliment to your character, but remember it ENTITLES you to NOTHING...the badge, boot & breeches are EARNED not given.

I truly wish those of you departing for New Braintree on Monday good luck!

11. copcop

copcop MassCops Member

Forgive my ignorance but what is BUDS????

12. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Best of luck to the 79th !!!!!

13. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

BUD/S :Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL training ; the brutally tough introductory school for recruits wishing to be SEALS. It is known for subjecting recruits to incredibly difficult physical tests, high mental stress, and sleep deprivation. In order to wear the coveted trident of a SEAL, this is the first step. Widely regarded as some the toughest training in any military branch.

14. Piper

Piper MassCops Member

Good luck to all the guys starting in New Braintree on Monday, especially to the two officers who are from my PD. I know they will do well and will be missed at Roll Call.

(This thread did start as a total howl, too bad it went kind of south for a while there)

15. EOD1

EOD1 Subscribing Member

well said. that damn water in san dog is friggin cold!

16. nirtallica

nirtallica Subscribing Member

Well said Trooper. I guess Dogma2001 got scared, took his ball and went home.

17. bozco

bozco New Member

OH I FEEL SO BAD FOR YOU. YOU REEEAAAALLLLYYYY!!!!! NEED TO TALK TO BIG IRISH.

18. MARINECOP

MARINECOP MassCops Member

How true it is. Those DI's will know who you are and what you have been posting here. Get off here and forget about this site for 6 months. For many of you, that advice is way to late. :NO:

19. MARINECOP

MARINECOP MassCops Member

Marine Corps boot camp at 16%?????? Is that what it is now with the kinder more gentle MCRD?:( When I was in we lost over half our platoon, but approx. 15 was due to people not knowing how to swim.

20. Tango

Tango Subscribing Member

Good Luck, keep your eyes on the prize...one day at a time

:t: 78th, here's to "some" senority in a few months :yes:

21. futureMSP

futureMSP MassCops Member

Good luck guys, stay locked on!

22. bbelichick

bbelichick Moderator Staff Member

So you heard that, too huh?

B Troop here you come.

23. Rock

Rock Undefined

I can almost feel the butterflys for all of you going to New Braintree in the morning. Just rememer...They don't really know you and it's nothing personal. Everything you'll be getting, the person standing next to you is getting too.

DISCIPLINE!!!!!!

24. copcop

copcop MassCops Member

Make sure to have 6-12 beers tonight it will help you sleep..... :t:

25. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

"About 14% of male recruits wash out of Parris Island, many of them during the first three weeks."
    Making The Corps by Thomas E. Ricks
    Touchstone Publishing, Copyright 1997
    Page 73, Paragraph 3

Sorry, I misquoted....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.