Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of packing the bags and making the move to FL. I know there are some knowledgeable FL guys on here that have made the move down there and are doing well. I am trying to decide if I want to try and get hired first and move down knowing I have a job (I know, easier said than done. Plus plane ticket, rental car, and hotel each time I have to go = not cheap) Or if I am just going to go for it and make the move then try to get hired. I would not be able to afford to move and put myself through the academy, so I would have to find a PD or SO that would put me through. Also I am not having any luck finding anyone to make the move with me at this time so I would be flying solo down there.

I am 23 with a 4 yr degree (not cj related). I am just looking for some general advice. Are my best bets: Broward, Brevard, Collier, and Palm Beach counties?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Delta2.....Getting hired in FL now isn't that easy. There are now departments laying off due to cutbacks and certified applicants with a college degree are a dime a dozen. Some places where you could have an OK chance would be Broward County SO, Miami PD, Miami Metro Dade, Miami Gardens PD and FHP. All of those ALWAYS have lots of openings and have continuous hiring for the most part. You can also try HCSO in Tampa, if you have a 4yr. degree they are willing to send to the academy and pay, better area then the others listed. I moved down from MA. 5 years ago with a friend, we both went to the acdemy PT nights and worked days. It takes longer to complete when you do it PT but at least you can work. We both had job offers before we graduated. Good luck, any questions feel free to contact me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts