Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I wish to congratulate all of you going through the DOC Pre-screening. As a current recruit of RTC 305 I can say without a doubt, that you are about to embark on a journey to become a member of a highly respected, and trully professional part of the Law Enforcement community.

I recently went through the hiring process and can still remember the tremendous feeling of pride and accomplishment I felt, once I learned I was chosen to be part of the MADOC. It is a feeling I continue to experience everyday that I wear the DOC patch on the left sleeve of my uniform.

If you have questions on the pre-screening process please feel free to send me a PM, or ask them here. I will do my best to share my experiences with you, and will also do my best to assist you in achieving the jubilation I now feel as a recruit of the DOC.

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
ProudAm, a job as with anything in life is what you make of it. You have a remarkable attitude, don't let anybody take that away from you. You will make a fine Correctional Officer and I wish you the best...

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Correction Officers, better trained better paid, and at least have equipment if the SHTF unlike Mental Health Workers who could make more working at a restaurant and who have nothing to protect themselves but a radio and each other and a prayer that the doctor will be there to order the chemical or physical restraint as they hold the person on the floor because they are just too dangerous to themselves or others to wait for the doctor.

I envy anyone who would walk around in the same area as crazy criminals. Just imagine dealing with wacked out people with out the proper equipment.

I know I really can't compare the DOC to a psych hospital, however hands down the DOC can quickly gain control of a crisis much better then any psych hospital can!

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
My best advise to ALL LE prospects and RECRUITS going through the process, (to include Police/DOC/and yes, even Sherrifs) Stay off this site until after graduation or risk undue attention to yourselves.....

That is all.
Or speak honestly and openly on this board as it was meant to be, refrain from making a jackass out of yourself.....Easier said than done...I know, I know.....but for those with common sense, I don't think they sould worry....

·
Subscribing Member
6,688 Posts
seeing the bright eyed rookies coming in is funny. try telling them anything is like talking to a wall.

they'll all find out in a couple years.

but by then it will be too late....................muahhahaha ! :)

·
Registered
551 Posts
I remember Middleboro PD giving plenty of citations and no respect to C.O.'s going to and from work at MCI Bridgewater...they had a few beauts back in the day, not sure if it's still like that in Middleboro. Other than that town, I agree with Delta.

·
Working in the land of misfit toys
1,986 Posts
I remember Middleboro PD giving plenty of citations and no respect to C.O.'s going to and from work at MCI Bridgewater...they had a few beauts back in the day, not sure if it's still like that in Middleboro. Other than that town, I agree with Delta.
I have no problem writing a CO, especially when you've pulled him over 4 times in the last month for speeding and telling him to slow it down. Then he complains about the V and says I'm on the job too where's the consideration. The consideration was not writing you the 4 other times you shook my cruiser when I was running radar. Ok my rant is over

·
Public Trough Feeder
5,181 Posts
Highly respected??? By who?? Cops hate us,
As Delta said, I strongly disagree, and I'm slightly peterbed at such a comment. Look at some of my previous posts where I've said I don't know if I could ever do your job, as well as refered to DOC officers as "brothers". My father-in-law is a DOC Lieuteneant w/ almost 20 years on, and he has my utmost respect for doing that godforesaken job. Sans your statements, so do you.

Civilians dont appreciate us, and my friend your in for a rude awakening.
Strange, seems all the senior guys on my job told me the same thing when I got out of the academy. If I wanted to be liked and appeciated, I would've taken the fire test.

G

·
I have no problem writing a CO, especially when you've pulled him over 4 times in the last month for speeding and telling him to slow it down. Then he complains about the V and says I'm on the job too where's the consideration. The consideration was not writing you the 4 other times you shook my cruiser when I was running radar. Ok my rant is over
There's a point where expecting consideration becomes disrespect, and I would say getting stopped 5 times crosses it.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
There are other ways of handling that though. I wouldn't cite....a simple phone call to his supervisor usually corrects the problem....

·
Registered
551 Posts
I got pulled over several times in that town when I was a CO. I was never speeding. They were on fishing expeditions. Hope they wised up by now, some of them were pieces of work who had a big fish in a small pond mentality. I don't mean to bash them, they may have changed...simply pointing out that CO1 may have been pulled over by an officer like that and now considers all police officers to "hate CO's"...I felt the same way when I worked inside because of a few MPD jamokes..

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.