Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Screen Legend Battled Cancer

NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- A spokeswoman for screen legend Paul Newman said the actor has died at age 83.
Spokeswoman Marni Tomljanovic said Newman died Friday of cancer. No other details were immediately available.
Newman was nominated for Academy Awards 10 times, winning a regular Oscar in 1987 for "The Color of Money" and two honorary ones. He was equally at home in comedies such as "The Sting" and dramas such as "Hud."

He sometimes teamed with his wife, Joanne Woodward, also an Oscar winner for the 1957 film "Three Faces of Eve."

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/entertainment/17571763/detail.html

Better Article: http://www.nbc30.com/news/17571819/detail.html?dl=mainclick

"Paul Newman Through The Years - Photos - WCVB Boston"

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/slideshow/16253925/detail.html?taf=bos

Better Article: http://www.nbc30.com/news/17571819/detail.html?dl=mainclick

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
RIP Mr. Newman. No one could portray the characters you made famous more skillfully than you.

Especially Fast Eddie Felson, Luke, Butch, and my absolute favorite; Reggie Dunlop.

·
Subscribing Member
7,237 Posts
Many years ago I had the pleasure of sitting down with him over a couple of Pabst Blue Ribbons. He was a fine gentleman.
I have to add for our females that, in the words of my date that night, "His eyes are really that blue."

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
Amen Koz! Paul Newman was a great actor, but my faves from Slapshot were the Hanson brothers!

·
Maddy B's grammy
2,017 Posts
R.I.P. Mr. Newman. I grew up watching his movies. Cool Hand Luke was a great movie. I still remember him eating all those hard boiled eggs. "what we got here is failure to communicate" Plus, like you said, he was a great humanitarian. All his proceeds to News Own goes to charity I heard.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
I cant find the thread but a few months ago didnt someone bring his name up when someonelse died...thinkng it was him that died.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Damn...keep NE 07 away from me...I watched Cool Hand Luke this weekend...what an actor he was...you know how many times I say " what we have here is failure to communicate " great movie...Thanks Koz

G

·
WOW.......... All the RIPs...... You all surprise me.

Newman you sumbag coward. Make sure when you get to heaven you find Ofcr Danny Faulkner and apologize for your support of that MURDERER Mumia Abu-Jamal.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Snipe....please inform me...and if warranted I will take away my RIP faster than Killjoy can skin his smoke wagon.....

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
Yup, I missed that one. I still like the Hansen Brothers, but I'll always keep that article in mind.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
I guess ignorance is bliss, and I now respectfully take away my Rest In Peace..and would like to replace it with a big FUCKOFF.....Im stunned that I didnt know this and will NEVER buy another Newmans product and will inform every person in my life of the same.He was a great actor but thats not enough for me...I will be adding him and Rage Against The Machine, The Backstreet Boys and the other shitbags to my banned list....I suggest the rest of you read that story if you havnt already ...Thanks Sniper...

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
I knew about Ed Asner and Mike Farrell, but I hadn't heard Paul Newman was a sympathizer of that scumbag Jamal.

I was aware of his left-wing ideology, but not to that extent.
Those that support that pig have got to be mentally ill.

G

·
I knew about Ed Asner and Mike Farrell, but I hadn't heard Paul Newman was a sympathizer of that scumbag Jamal.

I was aware of his left-wing ideology, but not to that extent.
Those that support that pig have got to be mentally ill.
Not "a" sympathizer BK.......... One of THE biggest

·
Registered
939 Posts
I didn't know about that either snipe thanks for bringing that to my attention sir.
ALso I have no idea what the [ ]s are all about either.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts