Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, how many departments have had the active shooter training?
This topic seems to get little attention at my department, as does all training that actually might involve police work. If the class is not for the school retarded officer or the elder affairs officer or rad kids then the standard line is no money in the budget. If the class is free well sorry it will create overtime... :FT:

G

·
Boston P.D. for one I know, was training during In-Service and the recent recruit classes again, only if it didn't inccur overtime.

·
Subscribing Member
3,420 Posts
We in LA have active shooter training. Actually, we do a lot of training on a variety of subjects, especially tactical stuff. Other stuff too of course but shooting and tactical stuff is important.

Any chief that doesn't allow his/her officers to train is really missing out on an opportunity to make his/her officers more valuable, not to mention keeping the department less open to lawsuits.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,693 Posts
We hosted two (2) day Basher Tactical Active Shooter response. Whitman, East Bridgewater, Brockton SWAT, and others attended. Best damn training I ever had!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts