Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The MSP Firearms Training Unit will be hosting Chris Costa teaching an active shooter response class the last week of February 2013. This will only be open to active, full-time law enforcement officers. The class is 3 days long with training in both carbine and pistol operations in an active shooter environment. Cost is $700.00, plus you have to bring your own ammunition (1500 rifle, 200 pistol).

In case you are unaware who Chris Costa is, he's the former president of Magpul Dynamics, who produced the highly successful "Art of the Carbine" series of videos and is a former private contractor, maritime security consultant and Coast Guard member. Here's the link to his website with the full course description:

http://www.costaludus.com/index.php?route=training/view&path=60_70

If you are interested, please PM me, as there are only a limited number of slots.

Reactions: cc3915
G

·
Sounds great, but my PD would never send me (they'll send some of the beautiful people who don't actually go to calls), and it's too expensive/too close to Christmas for me to pick up the tab.

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
Just a bump, and a public (kind of) thank you to Killjoy for posting this. I never would have had the opportunity had he not done that. I don't do this kind of stuff as often as a majority of the people in the class, as I am not high speed low drag, but had a chance to pick the brains of people that are good at what they do. To me, that is just as valuable as the knowledge that Chris brought to the table.

MSP Firearms Training Unit guys were professional, and great hosts. The blend of different environments they put together flowed really well, and each day felt completely different. Chris is a great teacher, knows his shit (as far as I could see), and can back it all up the way he works a gun. If they get him back up here, take the class.

Unfortunately... they are all enjoying choir practice, while I sit here at work. Hoist one for me KJ.

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
That's why they make sick days broseph

Reactions: Dan Stark

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
That's why they make sick days broseph
I'm not one to buddy fuck. They were holding over day guy until I got in because no one wanted shift.

Reactions: Johnny Law

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
I'm not one to buddy fuck. They were holding over day guy until I got in because no one wanted shift.
Gotcha, you are one of the few who has a conscience anymore. Didn't know you were at minimum, so disregard my last post.

Reactions: Dan Stark
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.