Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, am i aremembering correctly that u have so long after completion from the academy to get appointed or u have to go back again?i ask because my wife's friend graduated from the academy (R/I) some time around nov 03 and still does not have a job. :?: :?:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I don't think R/I techinically expires, but I heard it is recommended that you retain a refresher course once a year....anybody know for sure?

Is it really required, or is this a way for CJTC to try to make more $$ off of us?

·
Subscribing Member
342 Posts
Macop has it right. For R/I there is no limit, however it would be reasonable for the appointing authority to require the individual to retake the crim law exam prior to appointment if it had been a good number of years since the R/I academy.

The limit for the fulltime academy is five years if the individual doesn't work as a po. ie the five year clock starts at the end of academy or each time the individual stops working as a po.

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
see before i went back active i had a spot at the R/I Academy and i thought i remember my chief telling me that i had to get a job in a year. ofcourse he didn't say what would happen if i didn't, how would you go about going to inservice if u don't have a job or u aren't representing a PD?

Ya know as i write this i should have taken the spot and stayed home, I am years behind! the more i think about this the more i get pissed off at the actions that took place on Sept 11- as that is y i came back in!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.