Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Well, it's been a fun-filled 12 weeks at the academy (yeah right!), but as of tomorrow night, it is over! :D Actually, despite the 5:00am runs, the yelling, the runs, the long classes, the runs, having to sleep there, the runs, the pushups, and the runs, it really was kind of a fun experience in hindsight. We even had an outstanding block of instruction from an MSP trooper (who happens to be the brother of the Asst. Commandant) on OUI liquor and OUI drugs detection and FSTs. And, I'm proud to say I managed to finish it out ranked #1 in my class.

I'm definitely excited for graduation. It sounds like it is going to be a pretty sweet show, what with the SP pipes and drums team, drill team, and all the other hooplah. I'm just nervous because I got voted to speak on behalf of the class to 1500+ people, including the Colonel and other command staff, and I haven't done any public speaking since probably sophomore year in highschool.

Other than that, I can't wait to get out there. Luckily, I'm starting just in time for a long winter of snow, MVAs, vehicles off the road, and disabled vehicles in good old southwestern New Hampshire, lol. But for real, this has been a dream a long time in the making, and I can barely contain myself at this point. Hopefully, I'll be able to spend a little more time on here from now on. Take care!

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
Way to Go Phuzz!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
I'm Proud of you pal! :thumbup:

I'm sure a #1 in his class graduate gets his pick or barracks! Choose Southern NH and take care of us here in Rockingham County!! :wink:

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Phuzz, speak to the audience, not at them...make eye contact...good training for court: speak to the "box-of-rocks", not the defense shyster...

Good luck and God Bless you,

Dave.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.