[UPDATED] - Absolutely no business being a cop | MassCops

[UPDATED] Absolutely no business being a cop

Discussion in 'Patrol' started by Hush, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

The worst whacker in the history of MC could probably do a better job than this soup sandwich. The shooting occurs 9 minutes in, but she proves in the first 30 seconds why she shouldn't be in this career in the first place. If she hasn't quit by now, she should be shunned until she does, or fired. If she isn't criminally charged first. A failure on so many levels, from hiring to academy to FTO I'm sure she displayed more red flags than a minefield.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Joel98 likes this.
  2. patrol22

patrol22 MassCops Member

That was pathetic.

Joel98 likes this.
  3. LA Copper

LA Copper Subscribing Member

This video should be played in every roll call. There are numerous lessons to be learned here, starting from the approach to the house to the the very end.

The only reason this deputy is not seriously hurt or dead is because the suspect didn't want to do so.... thankfully.

mpd61, Drebbin and Joel98 like this.
  4. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

The only good part of the video is her placekicker backup.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Joel98 and pahapoika like this.
  5. JD02124

JD02124 Supporting Member

Damn... the responding officer kicked him so hard his sneaker came off.

6. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

I could justify the use of lethal force, every thing else, the way she painted her self into that corner its not good.

Joel98, pahapoika and Hush like this.
  7. Danusmc0321

Danusmc0321 MassCops Member

Yeah that was awful. Part of being an effective cop is figuring out as quickly as possible what works with the person your dealing with to get them to do what you need them to do without using force. And not to sound sexist, but especially as a female. I’ve trained multiple female officers and I’ve told them there’s things you can do that I can’t, and there’s things I can do that you can’t. They aren’t able to overpower or be physical larger than the majority of people they come across so their verbal judo needs to be on point. I and by no means saying that there aren’t many physically capable female officers, that I would rather have in backup over some of their male counterparts, but physical size matters when bad guys size you up. You need to read people, figure out who’s intimidated by you, who’s needs that big brother/friend, who needs things slowed down and explained and use it to your advantage. I could tell right off that he’s drunk, he’s not intimidated by her, so forceful commands and authority tone isn’t goin to work with him. I think she could have talked him into complying if she slowed things down. Obviously you don’t want him going upstairs out of sight, but she probably could have kept her tone and commands lite to get him to comply, or at least keep him talking buy herself time until backup showed up. He told her he didn’t want to hurt her. Use that, “I’m worried if you go upstairs your going to get a weapon that’s going to hurt me”. He will probably say something like “no I won’t do that”. “Well can you ease my mind, make me feel safe and just stay on the stairs in sight so we can talk”. It doesn’t make you weak, it makes you smart. As far as the shooting, from what I saw, I think it speaks for itself. It looks like lack of training, experience and physical shape.

Tuna, Joel98, Goose and 7 others like this.
  8. Treehouse413

Treehouse413 MassCops Member

WTF.…

Joel98 and pahapoika like this.
  9. felony

felony MassCops Member

WTF did I just watch?

Joel98, pahapoika and Hush like this.
  10. MiamiVice

MiamiVice MassCops Member

There's many more, perhaps even less capable than that officer working amongst us every day.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Joel98 and Hush like this.
  11. Truck

Truck MassCops Member

Diversity, watch out, you may just get what you ask for.

12. visible25

visible25 Supporting Member

Kicked into next October, with that simple yet perfect Die Hard line “shaat the fuck up”

I won’t re-hash what everyone else has said, but yes 10x to showing at roll call

13. Roy Fehler

Roy Fehler MassCops Member

14. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

Didn't want to watch judging from the comments . Knew it would be painful.

Was just talking about this today.

You don't scare me . . . .
    Okay well hold while I get someone that will :D

I'm an old man and probably don't get the respect i used to. That's what the young bucks are for ( as our friend proved so eloquently );)

Goose, kdk240 and Hush like this.
  15. kdk240

kdk240 MassCops Member

16. Drebbin

Drebbin MassCops Member

She is definitely a soup sandwich. At 4:20 the drunk even tells her stop and get control. Her back up did a good job of calming her and getting her head back into what needed to be done . He could have handcuffed the guy himself but he had her do it. The way she says yes sir to her back up gives me the impression that she doesn't have much time on the job. ( Well that and her actions throughout the video)

Hush, Joel98, pahapoika and 1 other person like this.
  17. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Size, gender, training and experience levels all are naught without the right aptitude and attitude. That deputy displayed none. My hope is that the mother recovers and gets a settlement as the final chapter to this roll call.:oops:

Drebbin and Hush like this.
  18. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

I weep for the present of this job. I used to weep for the future, but it is here.

Anyone with 15+ years on......make no mistake, we are dinosaurs and the comet has arrived. 4.7 years to go and I’m out

Joel98, Goose, CCCSD and 3 others like this.