ABQ Body Cam Pursuit/OIS/Shootout | MassCops

ABQ Body Cam Pursuit/OIS/Shootout

Discussion in 'War Stories' started by Hush, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Holy Crap. The whole video is worth a watch, but you can skip to 5:30 to see the MeatEater firing his patrol rifle through his windshield while driving. Shooter armed with AK-47 ambushed responding officers, wounding 2. Stole cruiser. Soiled stolen cruiser's interior with his brain matter.

Takeaways:
    Every single member of your department should attend a TCCC (Tactical Combat Casualty Care) Class. Layman lifesaving care specific to gunshots.
    Every single member of your department should have a tourniquet ON THEIR PERSON.
    The female officer found shot was in a bad way. Slap a tourniquet on that leg, an NPA in her nose, and you've already done 2 important things to save her life. Both can be used by a non-medical person, both should be readily accessible to patrol officers.
    Shooting through the windshield....awesomesauce.

2. visible25

visible25 Supporting Member

Watched that a few times, and I want to say (not coming from any LEO experience but) Listen to the radio traffic and what is said, one, who I can only assume is the supervisor, said "If you have a shot, take it". You know it is bad when they basically green light the guy and the officer is shooting with one hand and driving with the other. Would also like to commend his 'warrior' mindset, right away you can hear him saying "Let's get in the fight"
    Thankfully the officers are okay, and/or on the path to recovery.
    Stay Safe everyone

3. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

Coming from LE experience, I highly doubt that was a supervisor:) Wicked heads up to put windows down in car when shooting. Ears are still going to bleed, but should reduce soem damage.

Dan Stark, visible25 and Hush like this.
  4. GoArmy14

GoArmy14 MassCops Member

Do they do any combat lifesaving classes out at Devans? Here where I'm stationed I know they have let civilian LE into the CLS classes run by the combat medics in the past. They have also let them into the combatives program. Might need to know a guy who knows a guy but it shouldn't be impossible.

5. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

I took a FREE TCCC class hosted by Worcester EMS. Google NAEMT and check local classes.

GoArmy14 likes this.